Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I really hate people who complain for the sake of it!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, Jul 23, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The OH went shopping in town whilst I was asleep, and when he came back he told me how inconsiderate people were. He was queueing(sp?) in a shop and the person in front of him began complaining about the price of things to the cashier...but they still bought the product!

How dare they make someone feel so small! The OH said the cashier was so embarrassed. If you don't like how things are run take your business elsewhere. One customer is not going to make a difference to one of the big supermarket chains! :mad:

This reminds me of when I was still working. We sold joints of cooked boneless pork for £2.99 a certain weight (can't remember now). A couple came in one day and said they looked a bit small so they asked me to weigh it. I obliged and that particular joint weighed under the amount it should have been. I apologised and explained the stored policy. I didn't make the prices, we cooked what came in. The fault was with the supplier.

They started ranting at me and wanted to see my superviser. I called her over and she apologised also and told them she would give them two joints for the price of one. A fair deal no? They didn't want that! They wanted to pay the normal price for one joint that weighed what it should. WHAT?!?!

Anyway, they basically told us where to go and left.

It just happened to be that a few weeks later I served the same couple. They wanted the same thing and told me to weigh it. This time it was OVER what it should be so they were getting MORE for their money. They told me where to go a second time.

People I tell you! This is why you shouldn't work in retail because you want to kill the ungrateful b*****ds!!

:cursing:

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

jesus.. do people not realise how HARD it is to get an exact weight when cutting meat and other things??

i hate folk that do stuff like that.. if you don't like the price shop at aldi's!
    :001_tt2:

3. sendacow

sendacow PetForums Newbie

Totally know what your on about! it's so annoying when people complain all the time! can't they just appreciate what they have. I work for The charity send A cow- they literally send cows to poor farmers in Africa, and it really makes me realise how lucky I am,
    K.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Some people are pathetic and just get on my nerves :mad:

They think they are better than the people who works in supermarkets but seem to forget that if these people were not there to serve them they would be up s*** creek! :mad:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The problem is, that people arent allowed to have a go back. All this customer service rubbish stands in the way.

If someone is getting verbal abuse, they should have the right to "politely" give it back and defend themselves, without repercussions.

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Exactly! One woman wanted to report me to Head Office because I said to her "I will phone the manager for you if you like". I gave her my name and my badge number and told her to go ahead :rolleyes:

7. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

Unforunately there are a percentage of people that actually thrive on misery!!
    Nothing you do for them is good enough ,and if youre ill they have had it worse than you etc.

I used to have daily dealings with a person like this,and found that she was actually making me miserable,which cheered her up immensely!!!
    So I made an effort not to see this person,and she moved on to someone else,and I go about my day without having to listen to how bad things are !!

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I had a few like that too. Two girls especially would come in and shout their orders :rolleyes:

When it's good it's really good. I made really good friends with regulars. So much so that I now get free taxis, emergency transport as and when I need it (not using my car as much now), free dog food and lots of other perks. Some people are truly wonderful and you look forward to them coming in but some people ... OOF! :cursing:

9. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

when i worked in shops when folk had a go at me and didn't listen to what i said i just stood there and smiled. I really don't care if folk think i'm an idiot or whatever, but generally i got this attitude when working in a well known national bike shop, they seemed to think that cos i was a girl i knew nothing about bikes, when i was actually the person who did all the repairs.

the best (or worst depending on how you look at it) is working in a call centre (for a well known national energy supplier) some of the calls i got when doing that were hilarious! Sometimes though i despaired at how inept others in the company could be and had to sort out someone elses mess, that always annoyed me.. the customer can swear at me all they liked.. as long as they listened to what i said and actually LET me help them.

I remember one wifey saying having a go.. so i'd say sorry, she'd say don't say sorry you don't mean it.. so i'd tell her that i could put her through to the right dept to sort out the mess (that she'd made!) but she didn't want transfered! i couldn't help her as i didn't have access to the things she needed done and she then repeatedly said you're not even apologising.. stop saying sorry.. over and over.. that really :cursing: annoyed me. my manager had to come over and sort her out (he had access to the right bits as he'd recently transferred to us from that dept! handily)
    Bloody annoying bint! I bend over backwards for customers but i can only go as far as my training and Co. policy for f's sake.

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh I have to say that I get annoyed with call centers. Only yesterday I had a woman on the phone to me who was asking for payment by card. She couldn't quite get the fact because my OH had lost his card (we have a joint account) and cancelled it, my card was cancelled too!

Then she was asking me if I was okay because I sounded ill - No love I have swine flu and you just woke me up. THANKS.

11. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

I have the same problems sometimes, but the people who were serving us were the most ungrateful people ever! :cursing: We went to greggs, and i asked if i could have the 4 sausage rolls for 1 pound, and the women said that they dont.... Then i asked her if those were sausage rolls, and she just said "For gods sake, ive already told you there arent any" When they were right infront of me! I just left the shop saying "some people have attitude problems" I was sooo angry!!! :cursing::cursing:

12. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I saw this happen a few weeks ago i felt so sorry for the shop assistant, a elderly man came in and asked for a piece of corned beef pie and he started moaning about how small the pieces were and how the owner of the shop must have cut them smaller, they were massive, the poor girl behind the counter didnt know what to do, the shop was really full and she was so embarrased. xxx

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Yep I have to admit some servers can be t***s!

Oh god you just reminded me! An old man (funny that) came in and asked for a chicken and mushroom pie. That day I was working the morning shift. I was in a 5:30am to cook everything fresh. We opened at 8am and he was in not long after we opened. I bagged it up for him and then he asked me when it was cooked. I told him everything was fresh that day (guess who I worked for). He then accused me of trying to sell him food from yesterday and chucked the pie back at me :eek:ut: Crazy old people.

14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

When I worked for a certain local council complaints department we often had people ringing up and expecting a repair to be carried out the same day, that just wasn't going to happen so people were often a bit upset, one day I had a horrible man who rang several times throughout the day demanding that it was repaired that day, each time I politely explained that he would have to wait for up to 5 days and he went mad, after the fourth call from him I was loosing my temper so I said "do you know who you are talking to" he replied that he didn't so I told him to "**** off", he never rang back:D.

15. animallover111

Before i started working from home i worked in a salon.....i had two customers pull the same trick on me not on the same day but......both had full set of acrylic nails at £38......took me about an hour....and then ....they would not pay!!!!:mad: :mad: one had an excuse they had left money at home......and other simply would not pay......:mad:......my boss was not happy!!!!

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Haha I wish I could have done that!

omg what did your boss do?

17. kath123

kath123 Guest

I worked in asda for 5 years and i worked on different departments but one of them was the curry/ chinese.

And the number of people that would complain as there wasnt enough chicken in the curry was unbelieveable. :(

They come in from a supplier so not out fault!! :mad:

18. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

There should be one day a month where customer service people/those working in retail etc, can be allowed to give as good as they get.

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I once had someone ask me if the chickens I was selling were hot...I worked on a hot counter...There was a sign on the glass telling you not to touch the glass...I had multiple burns on my arm....but nooooo it obviously wasn't a hot chicken :rolleyes:

And then there was the whole "I'm not paying a pound more for a small chicken!" Sorry love, I don't like it either but I'm not dropping the price.

There was one woman we called 'weasel woman'. She would be in every day when we were reducing and tried to get us to put different things in one bag :eek:

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh that would be lovely :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice