Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I offically hate WESTIES, lol!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by guineapigqueen, Mar 18, 2008.

1. guineapigqueen

guineapigqueen PetForums Senior

My arms look like I self harm!!!
    As of last Monday I am an offically City and Guilds trainned Dog Groomer, I am thinking of doing my exams to become a Qualified dog groomer but I need 3yrs grooming experience behind me before I do that.

I am sure my boss books in the naughtest, scattest dogs ever! Tuesday I had two first cut westies in. Obs' with first cuts you start of slowly and get them used to the brush/comb and noise of the clippers. As soon as I was going to do the first clip down his spine he would jump around and try and bite the clippers, so out come the muzzle. He gave up after another couple of atempts and let me start so far down his spine. We got most of his coat off and it was time to clip around his neck and under his chin, well he sprung into action again and clawed my arms. After that he was no problem let me do anything I wanted, lol!

After him was a girl Westie in and she was the most calm dog ever, let me do everything I wanted to do and wasnt even scaried of the clippers. She looked so posh walking out the door! Why are westies so fiddly! Why do they have to have a round head and not shaven, life would be much easier.

My 'self-harming' looks worse today because at 2pm a very large long coated German Sheppard walked in to be groomed and bathed. He didnt like the shower so was muzzled and the drier he was worse with, along with scratches I am brusied also!
    Oh well, I signed my name on the dotted line to do this! I am sure I will get nice doggies in one day, lol!

Emma x

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Stick with it you got worse to come yet LOL a groomer's life isn't all it is cracked up to be - I used to have one woman that used to complain constantly because she paid more to have her dog groomed that it cost for her hair, pointed out to her she probably brushed her hair every day, the poor dog an english springer had her ears matted to her head covering her ear holes and her front legs were matted to her chest and she couldn't walk properly :mad: and as for the nasty ones had one bad westie (and westies are my fav to do!!!) but the worst one ever was a scottie and we used to use leather gauntlets and padding on my arms when she was in!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: And another one I had used to be a regular always a little sweetheart had groomed him for years, so familiarity breeds contempt one day he bit me straight through the lip.

My sympathy is with you but it was our chosen profession :eek::eek:;)

3. Helenridley

Helenridley PetForums Newbie

lol
    i have a 3 1/2 month old westie and he can be pretty scatty! But im a primary school teacher and i think i would take 24 of Max some days rather than my class of 24!

lol...all jobs that are worth doing ar tough, but its the great days and achievements that gwt you through! I apologise on behalf of westies everywhere! lol...keep you chin up...and remember...your the one holding the sharp clippers!!! hahahahaha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice