Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i need some help: does my pregnant kitten have rabies or some kind of sickness?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chiharu, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Chiharu

Chiharu PetForums Newbie

Hello! recently we rescued this adorable baby girl and by the looks of it shes pregnant!
    I've noticed somethings about her that have been kinda off; she drools sometimes, sometimes when i pet her she starts biting and attacking my hands she eats and drinks a lot, she breathes pretty heavily sometimes and her eyes get kinda watery. Am i just being paranoid or is something else going on? We haven't got her checked out yet but i know we probably should. Thank you!

2. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Have you taken her to a vet?

moggie14 likes this.
  3. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

I think you need to book a vet appointment ASAP. One of our cats, Tilly, drools when she is being cuddled - its a sign of how much she is loving it. The biting and attacking is usually a sign that petting time is over!

4. Chiharu

Chiharu PetForums Newbie

no not yet but i plan on taking her when i have the money to

5. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Are you in the UK? There are programs that can help you if cost is an issue.
    If she is indeed sick or full of worms, or heaven forbid, has rabies, you really shouldn't wait.

lymorelynn likes this.
  6. Chiharu

Chiharu PetForums Newbie

No i'm not but i'm going to try to search for places like that where i live hopefully there is something

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Cats can bite when they are playing or if they think you have given them enough attention. Watery eyes could be a sign of one of the 'cat flu' viruses. Drooling could be from a problem with her teeth. Eating and drinking a lot because she has been living rough and may not have known when she would get another meal.
    However if you are in a country that has rabies and you don't know your cat's background then it would be wise to have her checked

moggie14 likes this.
  8. ouesi

ouesi Guest

What country are you in? Perhaps someone can help.

9. Chiharu

Chiharu PetForums Newbie

i'm in canada i'm not sure how known it is to get rabies here but she was found in the country i really hope no other animals tried attacking her

10. Chiharu

Chiharu PetForums Newbie

i'm in canada we could try taking her to the spca maybe?

11. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Yes, there are plenty of nonprofits and charities in Canada that can help you with vet costs. Just google low cost vet care or cat rescues in your area, then call one and ask if they can help or direct you to an organization that can.

She needs to be seen by a vet. If she's pregnant, she needs an emergency spay, if she's got a belly full of worms, she needs that treated, if she has rabies, that will need reporting and YOU will need treatment.

AmsMam, chillminx, moggie14 and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice