Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I need more arms!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bex190, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I just took my pup for a carry to experience a few things and I have decided I definately need more arms!
    Otto will be 8 weeks tomorrow so he's still having to be carried everywhere. I took him for a carry along a main road and into a field with sheep to show him the outside world. He was happy to stay still on the journey out as he's still a bit unsure about traffic expecially big lorries but as soon as I got into the field he decided the smells and sights were far too interesting to stay up in my arms and started wriggling like anything to get down. He calmed down once we were back alond side the road and had a crazy ten minutes tearing around the garden when he gets back.
    I think I can safely say he likes the look of the great out doors. I just can't wait until he can go there on his own 4 paws. He's heavy enough already, I dread to think what carrying him will be like in 3 weeks! :eek:

2. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Hiya

The furthest we have been with Nelly pug so far is the vets in the car for her first jab. She was surrounded by the biggest dogs ever including a massive Rottie! I think I will take her for a carry out to the high street later.

Hope you are getting on OK. :)

3. rona

rona Guest

Would one of those baby sling things (haven't a clue what they are really called)
    help with some of the weight? might be one in a charity shop ;)

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

It's great that he's excited about the world around him.

5. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I have been looking at this sort of thing: The Outward Pet Sling only £28.99
    Not sure what Otto would think of it or how long it would hold him for. He's currently putting on 100g a day!

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

7. rona

rona Guest

8. hehe I want more pictures please!!!
    AND!! I was stll carrying mine at 6 months by the way!!!! not because of any reason other then I was way and took her into certan shops (none food) I asked if I could take her in if I carried her! and they said YES!! That was a couple of shops at the coast and a large garden centre ner to us!!!
    DT

Used to raise a few laffs i'll tell you!!

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I made one of those for Henrick when he was a tiddler, really hurt my back but it was much easier than carrying him in my arms.

10. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Some great suggestions there, thank you. I think I'd better do some experimenting!
    Isn't it amazing how many more people smile and talk to you when you have a puppy in your arms!
    DT- I will heve some new piccys in the gallery this afternoon, promise!

11. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I would have loved to have seen this ;) :001_tt2:

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I was going to suggest a pushchair. You could put a harness on hm and strap him in so he can't jump out.
    I did this with my exs jrt when he hurt his leg and wasn't alowed to walk far.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice