Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I need help!

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by Stephan357, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Stephan357

Stephan357 PetForums Newbie

I decided to keep a spider as pet. I found a spider with yellow and white stripes surounded with black outlining. I found him near my garden. I need help about where to keep him, how to decorate interior of his living place and how to feed him. If someone could please help me with that i would be very thankfull.

2. HerdingSnakes

HerdingSnakes PetForums Member

To be honest I would advise putting it back. Taking an animal from the wild without knowing what it is isn't a good idea. You could let it go outside your window and it might make it's home near by so you can look out and see how it is doing, while it can live a natural life where it belongs.

If you're looking for a pet spider why don't you do some research on an easy to keep tarantula species like a Chilean rose and then go to a pet shop (or buy online) so you can get the correct set up for a captive bred spider that will definitely thrive in your home with good care. They're very affordable, interesting and rewarding pets, they can live a very long time too.

3. genevralaurene

genevralaurene PetForums Newbie

I agree. Taking a spider from the wild with no knowledge of what it is and its requirements is asking for trouble. If you really want to keep one i reckoned finding one in a pet shop where you can find out the requirements and know what breed it is.

If you could upload a pic maybe someone could identify it for you.

4. Christian32

Christian32 PetForums Newbie

I am not so familiar with spider petting. You can put in a glass container like aquarium and search on internet for its proper meal and nutrition. By this you can feed and take him with you as a pet...

View more

#4 Christian32, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice