I need help URGENT

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Charlotte Davison, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:05 PM.

1. Charlotte Davison

Charlotte Davison PetForums Newbie

Can anyone tell me if this is wet tail? My baby has been with me for 7 months now and always been so happy and always ate loads and drank enough just got home today to see he hasn’t touched his food and hasn’t drank showed him a treat and he isn’t interested, I have done my regular health checkup on him and he looks sad and has this can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

You need to arrange a visit with a vet, preferably for today, hamsters can go downhill very fast.

Charlotte Davison likes this.
  3. Charlotte Davison

Charlotte Davison PetForums Newbie

I know I don’t want to stress him out even more

4. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I can't tell from the photo if it looks like wet tail, but what ever the problem is, your little guy has a bigger chance of recovery the sooner he gets any treatment needed, the longer you leave it, the smaller his chances of a full recovery are.

5. anachronism

anachronism PetForums VIP

Doesn't look like wet tail. Looks like hes got wee on himself and not cleaned his testicles properly. Wet tail is't just a wet downstairs it is extreme gastroenteritis along with diarrhea

If you are concerned about his demeanor though definitely pop him along to the vets