Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

I need help and advice to help me and my dog Lula

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by Doggy Treat Box, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Doggy Treat Box

Doggy Treat Box PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    As you can see I've just signed up to this forum. I need some help and advice really. Not sure if I will get any from here but its worth a shot.

About a year ago now I lost my work from home job with was allowing me to stay at home and look after my dog Lula. I don't have anyone to look after her and when I lost my job I started to panic because I knew I would have to go work or even worse work away from home. If I did that I knew I would lose my dog :(

But she is my babe and it was not an option, I would go on the streets with her first before I let that happen. Anyway to cut a long story short I had to think outside the box and think about some kind of business I could setup which would allow me to work from home so I didn't lose Lula.

In the end I setup a subscription business that sells monthly dog treats. All 100% nature and fresh off British farms and I called it Doggy Treat Box. Its a box or treats and toys that comes in the post every month.

Our store...
    Doggy Treat Box . com

I started off advertising on Facebook and to begin with it worked very well and I got 200 subscribers very quickly. But then it slowed right down :( Probably because everyone had already seen our ad and it died down after.

Right now me and Lula are struggling once again and we need to get our subscribers back up. I know its possible to do well because so many dog owners would love to try our Doggy Treat Box but they just don't know about it and advertising can be expensive :(

Also I'm not the best at advertising but someone on here could be and might be willing to help us? I will obviously pay you what I can :)

I was also hoping someone on here might know someone with a UK pet store who has access to a lot of email addresses or a big Facebook fan page or Instagram page who could maybe do us a shout out and share our story? Again I would pay for this. Even give you a % of the monthly profits.

If you have any ideas or can help in anyway please post below or PM me on here if you can. Like I said I'm new and this is my first post.

Also I hope I'm not braking any rules by posting this? This is not spam I'm generally looking for help so I can stay with my dog Lula xx

2. HarryFam

HarryFam PetForums Newbie

Lee have you tried contacting dog/pet bloggers, they are always looking for new things to review, here's a list I found by just Google Dog Bloggers https://blog.holidaylettings.co.uk/top-20-pet-bloggers-2016/

Also try contacting dog walkers or trainers (do a search on Facebook you'll find loads) they might be willing to help.

Perhaps try to get a celebrity dog owner to try your stuff. I follow the chef James Martin and he's just Instagrammed photos and thanks to a Pet Shop in St Ives which sent him some goodies (unsolicited).

Also noticed in the footer on your site it says How it work (needs an s).

Good luck to you and Lula

3. Doggy Treat Box

Thank you I will 100% give the bloggers a try. The thing is I'm only really looking for UK customers for now because its so expensive to ship around the world. I have my website setup to accept worldwide customers but the customers have to pay shipping unlike the UK customers with get FREE SHIPPING.

4. Doggy Treat Box

I really would like someone with a big email list to email out for us. I would pay for it. That would really help if anyone knows anyone?

5. ZoeM

ZoeM PetForums VIP

@Doggy Treat Box I would join lost/found groups on facebook (ones like scouse pets 2 - has 20,000+ members) and speak to their admin team, saying you'd like to offer a competition prize or something. Also, have you thought of dog rescue charities on facebook? You could offer a free treat box to a lucky member or even a free treat box every month to the charity itself if they would share your post. Good luck!

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

If I was an email list and found I was getting unrelated emails because the list had been sold on I would be furious. I do not think that is that is the way to go.

rita burns and adamantis like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice