Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I need a stern talking too!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by nicolaa123, Sep 24, 2013.

1. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Not sure the point of this thread, but it's been on my mind for a week or so now.

Riley is well, his ibd is under control, he is taking his 6 tablets a day for his liver like a trooper BUT..

..I've just got a niggle in the back of my mind and I don't know why..

I've been feeling a bit down about his conditions..I don't for one minute resent him or get angry about anything related to him, but just lately I've had that oh I wish you was a well cat that I don't have to wipe your bum or check your bum etc..

Even with all the bum wiping I wouldn't swap him at all..

Maybe it's because he has been "well" for a while now that I'm mentally preparing for another flare up..or it's some delayed reaction to the news of his liver now being affected..

It's doing my head in..

I don't want hugs or sympathy, but a kick up the bum I think is needed to get my head straight before I end up being taken away by the men in white coats..

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

ok, was going to send you hugs but as you have insisted a kick up the bum, so be it. xxx:D

Margo is watching you, get a grip on yourself.

Attached Files:

3. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

For what it's worth, I think the way you are feeling is completely normal and no reflection of how much you think of him. All the worry and hoping that things will improve, or that its good news this time inevitably takes its toll and I think anyone would be feeling the same. As you don't want hugs or sympathy, I am offering a manly pat on the back and a pint of Tribute instead.

Hang in there - he is really lucky to have you :)

4. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Margo is adorable x

5. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I'm lucky to have him..I think it's also worrying me if we can't get his liver to behave and things get worse..it's the damn niggle

6. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I kind of know what you mean...
    I have that niggle about Connor, because 2 of his brothers died of FIP.
    Can't seem to fully, carelessly enjoy the splendour that is my highlander for fear he, too, might get ill, and on the other hand I want to make each moment last a lifetime, just in case we don't have all that much time together.

And for all we know, our babies may do quite well and stay healthy, and all our worries are just that, needless worries.....

there is a saying: man suffers most from the suffering he fears

7. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I think part of it is I feel so rubbish as I can't "fix" him then I feel I've let him down, stupid I know as he can't be cured, but I should be able to as I'm the one who looks after him, then I get frustrated by it.

None of it makes sense tho as he is really well (apart from his liver alt levels) right now so this niggle makes no blinkin sense..then I get cross with myself

8. Izzie

Izzie PetForums Senior

Please don't feel annoyed at yourself. Your feelings are natural. It's frustration because you care and you feel helpless. I think we can all understand. It sounds like you are doing a fabulous job and care very deeply for your kitty.

9. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

These emotions are all normal hun, you have both been through so much of course you are going to have mixed feelings.

Sending you hugs anyway, even if you dont want them, i think you need them. xxxx

10. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I do and I'm not normally thus maudlin..I just don't know what's up with me!

Now that's made me have tears....you should have just given me a slap :frown2:

But thanks everyone..I'm just being silly I know..but hopefully I can get the niggle out my head..

11. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

I totally know how you feel. I love all of my cats but I am totally besotted with cwtchy Karlo. I think it was because we thought he had FIP and we were going to lose him, only for it to be IBD. (When I say only IBD I'm not belittling it as I know how difficult it is to get under control) I am paranoid when he is a bit off colour never mind unwell.

I think it's easier for me as well as I have other well cats I can enjoy without having to worry about their diets etc. you just have Riley.

Anyway another kick up the bum!

12. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Feeling helpless is the worst part of loving someone, whether it is a person or a pet....
    Not being able to make things right for them really makes you feel like sh*t.

You may feel annoyed with yourself for feeling like that, and therefore, indirectly, feel annoyed with him for making you feel like that, and again with yourself for that feeling of irritation, but it is in fact proof of how deeply you care for him, of how terribly important it is to you to protect him and make things right for him.

Izzie likes this.
  13. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Have scoured my "smiley's and cant find a suitable "foot up bum" one so have a furry hug from Mr M ;) Surely you wont say no to that :D

14. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I hate ibd with a passion!

The thing that's totally stupid is Riley is doing well at the moment..

You are right, I do sometimes feel helpless. I just want my boy to be like a normal healthy cat..but it's not his fault..also just to get it all out there..if he has another really long flare up with diarrhoea everyday would I cope?

In my normal head of course I will..

Ok enough is enough I've got to stop feeling sorry for myself, stop worrying about what could happen and just try and enjoy the times I'm not wiping his bum..

15. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

You know I could never turn down a Meeko hug!! You know what this merry go round is like..

I'm feeling better for writing how I feel and having a good cry!

16. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

You don't deserve a kick up the bum because what you are feeling is normal, you feel this way because you love and care about Riley.

You do deserve a hug though, so here's a big one from me and my boys ((((((hugs)))))) xxxx

17. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Now I need tissues again..

Tho I do think if you can send roman my way I might feel a little bit better :)

18. sarahecp

You're more than welcome to him tonight, he's got a stinky bum :D but does give the best cuddles :)

19. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Know where I am with stinky bums! Came home to fresh litter presents! And a stinky bum! Just a light dabbing needed tonight

It's one of Riley's pet names stinky bum!

20. sarahecp

Roman's got that pet name tonight, he's been stealing the Dreamies again and they don't agree with his tummy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice