UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a friend of mine got a gorgeous cat then she decided to get another one ....

she asked me a couple of days ago if i wanted joey (who was then tiger) haha so i agreed i asked her why she didnt want him no more and her answer was i dont have time for 2 so gettin rid ....

that in itsself really annoyed me as i cant stand people getting pets when they are just going to give up on them and toss em out after a few weeks...

now her other pone is 8 months old and ive just seen a post that she wants to get rid of him too now :( i asked why and its because he scratches wall paper off and she cant stand the litter tray ... i asked if he had scratch post and she said no she hadnt had time to get one :(

this has upset me it doesnt take long to jump on ebay and order one them poor cats :( how anyone can do that is beyond me i can understand if you breed with the intention of gettin them a nice new home i can understand if you need to move house and you can no longer keep your pets etc ...

but what i cant understand is someone intentially getting 2 cats and then just gettin rid cause they scratch your walls :( i couldnt imagine gettin rid of these two and they are big pains in the back side some times i just live with it :(

maybe i am being silly here but as they say animals are not just for christmas they are part of the family :s

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
I wouldn't call her a friend.
My thoughts as well. What a uncaring person she seems to be. God mine scratch of my wallpaper in places but I bought a behaveral spray to control it. Not rocket science.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I don't think you're overreacting at all, her attitude sucks and she doesn't deserve to keep such wonderful creatures. I mean, I spent yesterday evening cleaning poo and wee off things in the flat, worrying about Simba and trying to clean him up as well (in the face of determined resistance) but I'd never dream of parting with him. He gives me so much love and companionship. And when he curled up, purring, in my arms afterwards, it all seemed so worthwhile :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You don't even need to jump on ebay to get a scratch post my little Tesco sell a cheap one which does Romeo fine.. it's actually his favorite toy!!

Were trying to do the house up at the moment (it's complete chaos) and both cats have done things that have annoyed us and made us wonder "why were bothering" but when your sat on the sofa and they're looking up at us with they're gorgeous big eyes .. you forget all about it.

I gag every time i go near the litter tray.. but I do it twice a day.. I'd do it every hour of every day for the rest of my life.. just because I love them.

Theres no excuse for that kind of behavior.. I wouldn't call her a friend.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
That's really naughty! Those poor kitties. :mad:
Well done you on giving one a home though! :D
If we got rid of Geoffrey for scratching walls he'd have gone on day 1! We need to redecorate the lounge because of him (he had 2 scratch posts!) but it's what some cats do - he's grown out if now thankfully.
She doesn't sound like the type of friend you really want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i no you can get scratch posts all over the place but i mean she can jump on ebay on her phone and just order one .. anyway

i totally agree i too have wondered why i am bothering the amount of wall paper thats coming off the walls in my dining room and that was newly decorated a couple of months ago.. but i would never in a million years get rid of my babies for it i just pick them up n move them to the scratch post.. i deffinately need to buy another couple tho and place them around the house. hehe

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Sometimes people jump in without thinking about the consequences of their actions :rolleyes:: Good on you for taking on the wee kitty :) ... my two have stripped paper from the landing wall :eek:, clawed the arms of a leather sofa,:eek: shredded our bedspreads :eek: used the curtains as a formula 1 track :eek: .... I could go on, but you know , you have to be prepared for this when taking on kitties , may i also say that mine have a huge cat tree and a large scratch post , maybe i'm just mellowing in my err longer youth !!!! But my girls give me much more pleasure than material things :).... And once again if your prepared to put up with the Kitty Possibilities then , good on you .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes people jump in without thinking about the consequences of their actions :rolleyes:: Good on you for taking on the wee kitty :) ... my two have stripped paper from the landing wall :eek:, clawed the arms of a leather sofa,:eek: shredded our bedspreads :eek: used the curtains as a formula 1 track :eek: .... I could go on, but you know , you have to be prepared for this when taking on kitties , may i also say that mine have a huge cat tree and a large scratch post , maybe i'm just mellowing in my err longer youth !!!! But my girls give me much more pleasure than material things :).... And once again if your prepared to put up with the Kitty Possibilities then , good on you .
haha this made me giggle some to be honest the using the curtains as a forular 1 track hehe Joey my youngest kitty decided to climb my curtain thats on my front door i couldnt believe i was looking at my 10 week old cat half way up the curtain hah can tell hes a boy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.