Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I nearly lost all my dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I dont know how some people can be so rude

All the dogs were playing in the garden. I was in the kitchen and i went to check the dogs were ok as Miley was barking. As i walked out in the garden my heart stopped beating. The back gate was wide open and all the dogs apart from Miley were gone.

I ran out and see Storm and the pups in the middle of the road and Kaydee and Lilo running up and down.

I yelled for my sister to come and help me. I scooped the pups in and called the big dogs in. I was panicking more when i see a car coming up the hill.

Im lucky as the pups didnt have their collars on and they are not yet microchipped. Anyone could have taken them or they could have been hit by a car or anything really. And you can clearly see that storm is pregnant so they would have had a field day with her.

I was shaking for ages after and was nearly sick when i kept thinking about what could have happened.

We are on a small estate which is a cul de sac so only cars that come up are residents or visitors but some speed up the hill.

Who would be soo evil as to come and open the gate. Most around here know what dogs we have and there is a sign on the gate aswell.

Needless to say the gate will be locked all the time from now on. I cant risk something like that happeneing again.

animallover111 likes this.
  2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

:eek:
    Thank god you got them all back!
    Miley must be so clever :) To know they are not suposed to go out and barked to let you know :D

Once my ex left the gate open. I had taken Dixie a short walk (she was litle) and our gsd and jrt were sat inside the gate waiting for me! Lol

x

3. Pam/Holly

Pam/Holly PetForums Senior

How awful, lucky that you went to investigate the barking. Years ago someone kept opening our gate in the back garden and i had to check it each time we let the dog out. We have the gate locked at all times here as I would hate to lose my Yorkie because of someone opening it.
    Glad all your dogs are ok and safe.

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Thats awful I'm glad you got them all back.

5. Spaniel mad

Miley is a bit of a chicken anyway so wouldnt go out. I think she was either telling us they were gone or barking for the others to come back

which ever it was i am grateful and she got a HUGE carrot for a reward.

I have never been so scared in my life. I knew the big dogs wouldnt go far but the pups have never been off the lead outside before and they could have gone anywhere.

I have said that gate stays locked and will only be opened when we come back from shopping all other times we will use the front door.

6. animallover111

Glad you got them all back safe and sound......we have got some idiot who keeps throwing cooked chicken carcases over our fence for the dogs......:mad:..i have put a polite note on the gate asking the person not to and explained why.....but have they took any notice have they hell....they are still throwing them over......:mad:...bearing in mind i have a 6ft fence and 5ft gate......some people....:mad: :mad: :mad:

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Catch them at it on camera,and tell them they will be paying the £100's to the vet when your dogs get splinters from the bones.

We used to have (before we moved) some people throw mcdonalds, kebabs and chips etc, and had to check the garden every time we wanted to let the dogs out!

x

8. Spaniel mad

OMG some people need shooting

We have 6ft fencing and 6ft gate

9. animallover111

yeah we are having to check the garden all the time......my dad has said to put a camera up....it might stop the "idiot" and will make the garden feel safer too......i know some people dont realise the danger of feeding cooked chicken bones and i had hoped it was someone trying to be nice....but the note has been on the gate for a while......you can not not see it.....so there is no reason to keep throwing bloody bones over.....:mad: :mad:

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I thought it was only us that had trouble.

We have had to put padlocks on them both because of people just opening the gates when the dogs were in the garden. :(

I really don't understand why people want to be so spiteful. :eek:ut:

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

That must have been frightening, it happened to me once, our fence had blown down and i didnt know, the dogs went through to next door and they didnt have a gate so all 7 went out, unfortunaltey one got hit by a lorry! man knocked on door and siad he had killed one of my dogs, found him in the kitchen bleeding from his you know what, his insides had been squashed! he did survive tho.
    Glad you got them all back safley.

12. Spaniel mad

I think it was just kids mucking about but they dont realize the danger

My dogs could have been nicked or killed by a car

13. animallover111

I have come to the conclusion some people really dont give a sh*t.......i seem to come across more and more idiots lately.......

we went to our local shop earlier with our Sharpei we had some crank come over and offer us £100 cash for him......:eek: :eek:ut: i just thought wtf......

sorry highjacking your thread......

14. Spaniel mad

OMG im glad yours are ok too

Just makes you realize what could have happened

15. Spaniel mad

OMG someone asked if they could buy the pups from us the other evening when we took them out

dont mind you highjacking lol

16. animallover111

As though anyone is just going to sell their dog..to some random person.....:eek:ut: :eek:ut: ...i wouldnt mind we had Tilly our scruffy little cross terrier.....and the crank didnt even look twice at her...i just made a joke of it with Tilly and walked off....he was still offering us the £100 as we walked off.....

17. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Do you think someone was trying to lure them away there are so many dogs been pinched these days, i would keep an eye out there could have been someone near by with a car to put them in nothing suprises me.

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

OMG that's horrible!
    Someone did this to my mum but they were trying to break into her shed during the night and left the back gate open. She lets the dogs out first thing but that morning she went out with a bin bag before she let them out. Lucky she did or she wouldn't have noticed and the dogs would have been gone!

19. Spaniel mad

I really dont know. I was just soo scared and i didnt really look round to see if there was any cars parked that are not normally here

After seeing them in the road and the car coming up the hill i went into overdrive

Im glad that their recall is brill and they came as soon as called

I have told my neighbour and she said the kids at the end kept opening her gate a while and letting her jack russell out

Im telling ya if i catch them tryng to do it again god help them

20. Spaniel mad

Why cant people just respect others privacy

surely they have better things to do

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice