Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I nearly had a heart attack

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nicky10, May 10, 2010.

1. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Buster was asleep I tried calling him, shook him slightly nothing. Had to check he was breathing to make sure he was alive. I left the room and then he moves to come after me. Gotta love dogs sometimes :rolleyes:

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Barney did that to me once, scared me to death I even shouted in his ear, yet I trip on a squeaky toy and suddenly he came back to life :lol: damn dogs that makes us worry

3. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Oh wow scary! They do love to scare us dont they! :D

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They do seem to love scaring us don't they.

5. Jrtz_rock

Jrtz_rock PetForums Junior

Thats so weird!! My girl did that last night! She had fallen asleep on the pillows as normal, Last i saw her before falling asleep. Ive not been well so had woken up about 4am and found her,but she had fallen off the pillows in the middle of the night, she was upside down, Eyes half open and toungue hanging out, Usually she moves as soon as i move but she didnt so i prodded her, squeezed her paw called her name quietly shook her again and got NOTHING my heart just dropped so i tried to move her and called her name again and she shot up and looked at me as if to say 'What the hell is wrong wit you, I was asleep there'............

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

He's now glaring at me not impressed I woke him up I think

7. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Heehee! You made me choke where I was trying to laugh quietly cause my OH is alseep!! :lol:

8. EmsBuddy

EmsBuddy PetForums Member

Buddy likes to scare me too!

He goes into a deep sleep, and twitches a lot, i shout his name and nothing, then i shout it again and he wakes up to say 'awww i was just catching the birds then' haha!

x

9. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

They do that to me too on a regular basis. I stare at their stomachs waiting for a breath and it feels like waiting for an hour before you see it move. :scared:

10. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

This is all too familiar to me....very frightening!

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Happened to someone I know, except her dog was really dead!:eek: Just keeled over and stopped breathing, luckily abit of dramatic CPR did the trick and it was fine after. Still has no clue what caused it.
    Just know I spent all that night poking my dogs and making sure they were still breathing, poor little beggars!!LOL:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice