Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I miss my puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Changes, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Hi everyone I just need a little vent (in a good way)

I am really missing Fey and the puppies at the moment - we still have Tyler and he is an angel - I just miss Fey (now Tiffi) Dante (now Motley) Bear (now Alfie) and Merlyn, the new owners are brilliant at keeping me updated so that makes me happy, but it is soooo quiet here and I wish I could do it all again :D

Does anyone have a litter of puppies that need looking after? :D

ok does anyone have a litter of puppies that need baby sitting for a day?

Clutching at straws here lol x

crazycrest likes this.
  2. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Was Fey the dam? Why did you not keep her and why rehome her?

#2 Dundee, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  3. Molly's Mum

Molly's Mum PetForums VIP

Hi

I miss mine as well, they have been gone 2 weeks now and the house is so quiet. I miss them running around my feet :(:(

It's nice having Tia all to myself now and of course Max & Molly but although it was hard word I loved having all 7 running around.

4. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

awww hun do you think we will ever get over it? Those puppies left paw prints all over my heart x x I miss the mornings when they would all want to be let out for a wee at the same time, I would have a bundle of pups in my arms all licking my chin as I carried them out to the garden :D good times x

1 person likes this.
  5. Molly's Mum

To be honest, I sobbed when each one went to their new home, like you I am being kept up to date with their progress and they all look so happy & settled. But I miss them so much and I don't think I will ever breed again because I hated letting them go, it's been too upsetting

6. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

My pups were an accident and I know I will never breed again either - my heart couldn't take it, each pup that left took a bit of us with him , my children would say to me after "Why did you let that puppy go, we should have kept him" They said that for each pup lol but they were right we should have kept them all :)

Did you do a contract with your pups? I did (Thanks CrazyCrest) it states that if in the future you are no longer able to look after the pup then he has to be returned to me. That bit is really comforting because I know that I took a long time choosing the best homes for each of the pups and I know that each pup will either stay with his new family forever or be returned to me. x I can't see any of the pups being brought back because they are loved so much by their new families - but it is still a real comfort xxx

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Has this question been answered??

8. Molly's Mum

My son got the hump with me when each pup left, as if it was my fault :eek: Yep I had the same sort of contract (CC as well), which as you say is comforting. I am lucky, my vet had 1 so I get to see Jazz and Angel went to a friend and I've seen her a fair bit. It's 1st thing in the morning that I find hard, I used to go into the conservatory and they would be so pleased to see me, jumping up and wanting kisses. I've got Tia, who I am enjoying so much watching her grow and get herself into all sorts of trouble :p:p but I miss the madness :001_tt2:. Like I said I won't be doing it again, it's just too sad, also the worry I felt for Molly when she had the pups and seeing her so tired & worn out; I felt so guilty as times x x

9. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

That is lovely that you have two of them so close :) the nearest pup to me is about 10 miles away - he has gone to do obedience training with a lovely woman, it was love at frist sight for both of them. He is doing brilliantly at it as well. My daughter has kept Tyler (well I am doing everything as she works full time) but it is wonderful watching the changes in him, how steady he is and grown up lol My daughter brought him into the world as he was stuck in the birth canal, she had to work really hard to get him moving as he was really flat - after that experience there was no way she was going to part with him lol

I was going to keep Merlyn but my circumstances changed drastically :( but that is not something that I am ok to talk about right now - still upsets me so much x

x

10. Molly's Mum

Sending you big, huge, massive hugs & love honey. Your pups were gorgeous and you did a brill job. I know your heart went into each & every one x x xx

Changes likes this.
  11. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

There's a very good reason Mel choose to do what she did..and if she doesnt answer it then it might be thet fact that its still breaking her heart!

Mel you will never get over them puppies..They ment so much to you and were such a surprise..All you can do is know you did the best for them and Fey when they arrived into the world until the day they left you..

I miss ours too..its heart breaking they become part of the family..
    At least you have stayed incontact with all your pup's owners like we have and you will get regular updates and pictures!
    Takes care and i shall catch you soon!
    kerry
    xxx

#11 DevilDogz, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  12. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

:rolleyes: You can have ours...................little sods (well one boy actually) kept on every few hours last night......think he was playing alarm clock to let everyone know when the milk bar was open!!!! He wasnt poorly or that hungry just wanted to be noisey which at 4 & 6 am is loud.......as soon as he'd has his fill he went off to sleep till time to wake evryone again!!!

Wish their eyes would hurry up and open and get them legs moving so i can go back to my bed at night lol:D

With regards to pups going, our last litter i broke my heart more than once and our eldest Daughter locked herself and pup in bedroom, ripped contract up and hid puppy pack!!!!!! Bless, the new owners told her they would send pics etc to her which they did.

Thankfully this time we are keeping a pup so im hopeing the traumer wont be as bad (well for the kids anyway im sure its gonna kill me still):mad:

13. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I wasnt trying to be rude so please dont think i was. I know how sad it is when pups leave and i just thought maybe she had missed the question that the original person asked

Sorry for giving the wrong impression

14. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

Hey Mel....feeling for you right now, I know how tough it's been on you!
    How about looking at doing some sort of short term fostering in your area or maybe for Many Tears, rescues are crying out for people just now.
    Pleased to hear they're all keeping in touch xxx

15. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Thank you kerry-Angel you are one of a kind hun x x x you have been my rock through all of this and to be fair it has been a wonderful, uplifting, spiritual and heartbreaking experience, that I couldn't have got through without you x x

I know how much your heart is breaking too because you are right we let the pups become part of our family - we are the lucky ones though choosing homes that keep updated :) I just want to have that one more cuddle :D X

Hugs Mel x

16. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

It's ok hun don't worry about it x x

17. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Awww Brilliant that really brought a smile to my face, my kids were the same I don't know how we rehomed any of the pups lol they cried and reasoned and sulked for days before and after each pup went to it's new home - they were convinced that we should have kept each one because it was special x bless them - I love the way my kids have turned out they are all heart x

18. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Hiya Crazycrest hun :D long time no chat x

I have sent you a PM :D X X X X

19. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

You are lovely x x x thank you :)

20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Its been my pleasure Mel..You really have done so much for them babies...I just wish some of the serious breeders put as much time, love and effort into there pups as you did with yours..

Its hard when they go infact its the worse thing in the whole world..But knowing that we did ours best for them and have choosen them the best of the best homes..Makes it easier..I always love our puppy updates and pictures makes my day to see what are babies have grown up into..

Take care..
    kerry
    xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice