Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I miss my boy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Animalfan, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Animalfan

Animalfan PetForums Senior

I’m struggling to cope with the loss of my old dog. I’ve never lost anyone or anything before and the grief is overwhelming. Jayden was 14 and had always been a healthy boy but he became poorly quite quickly and despite doing everything I possibly could, I had to make the decision to put him to sleep. My heart is broken, I miss him so much it hurts.

I know I made the right decision but I would give anything to have him back.

Till we meet again my handsome man.
    15A11876-E61F-4738-91DC-0C1FE87B7F51.jpeg

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Very sad :(

So sorry for your loss

3. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

You gave him your last act of love by releasing him from illness and pain. He's at peace now. Give yourself time to grieve. There is no right or wrong way or any time limit.

Animalfan likes this.
  4. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Member

I am so sorry to hear about Jayden I know just how you feel as I had to make the same decision last year twice within 6 months when I had to say good bye to first Rusty in May 2018 and then Pepe in November 2018, like you I know it was the right decision but it didn’t make it any less heartbreaking. I miss them so much even now but am hoping to get a new toy poodle puppy early next year from the same breeder as I know it will bring me a great deal of comfort to know he will be related to my two gorgeous boys. I would like two again preferably but will get them separately.

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how you are feeling, we had to say good-bye to Dillon in February and we still miss his so much and the pain hasn't gone away we have just leart to live with it, we have so many happy memories of him and we talk about him everyday which helps.

Staying to touch with the forum and been able to still share memories and photos for him and the support they have given me, has help more than I can say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice