Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I miss my babies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Autumnhunter8, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Autumnhunter8

Autumnhunter8 PetForums Newbie

I am here out of sole desperation, feel free to let me know if I am in the wrong place. I miss my dogs to the point it hurts and I want to get this off my chest before I keep crying myself to sleep again because it feels horrible.

Last year, a beautiful litter of puppies were born in my mother's house. Seven beautiful doggies, all healthy and happy were born and I cared and loved them along with our other two dogs as if they were my children. I knew they were the entire family's pets, but they had a special bond with me and I with them. They were my source of happiness, they helped a lot in distracting me from many of my mental problems.

About a month ago, I left my family in bad terms seeking a better life. Out of anger, they decided to cut off contact between me and the dogs and I've been going crazy. I miss them, and I know they are okay but I miss being close to them. I already lost pets before, and it hurt and I thought opening up to more would have been cathartic but I am hurting far too much. I wonder, is there anything I can do to alleviate this pain?

2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Hello I'm sorry to hear this has happened. My female boxer passes away two months ago and I still cry everyday. Only time can help I think. Is there anyway of healing the rift with your family? Are you in a position to maybe take on a rescue ? Not as a replacement but to offer a good home ?

3. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Is there any way you can try and fix things with your family?
    My sister totally flipped out at me last year, and I would struggle to let her have contact with a shoe, seeing as we're not speaking.

Maybe it would be worth contacting a grief counselling hotline?

4. Autumnhunter8

I am so sorry for your loss, I know how much it hurts. I have tried to contact them but they don't want to speak with me. It's been a very complicated situation. The person I am with has two wonderful dogs and they are absolute sweethearts but the more I am with them the more I miss them.

5. Autumnhunter8

At least for a long time, I won't be able to contact them I believe, seeing as our rift has been so recent. I will try and call a grief counselling hotline, in my distress I didn't think about it. Thank you.

6. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I have been in contact with the Blue Cross counselling service they have been a great support to me it's helped to talk through my feelings with someone who doesn't know me.

7. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I'm sorry to hear that...falling out with family is horrible :(.
    Really hope it helps you.

8. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

So sorry to hear how your feeling, do get in touch with the Blue Cross bereavement line, they are very helpful.
    We on hear all understand what it is like to loose a beloved dog, just remember you haven't lost them and keep reminding yourself that those puppies are happy and healthy even if you are unable to be with them. They will be growing and maturing & if you are unable to get back on terms with your family then, if your are able and your partner willing, how about offering a loving home to a rescue dog who is so desperately looking for someone such as you with so much love to give?

9. Autumnhunter8

I think it would be good to have another pet at some point, I do adore animals and am more than willing to make a rescue happy, it would make me happy as well. And it's true, they are okay and healthy and that gives me peace. I guess I got so attached to them and love them so dearly, it has been complicated to deal with the idea of not having them close to me.

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  10. Autumnhunter8

Thank you, I got in contact and they were very kind and heard me out. It feels good to be able to vent about things.

11. Autumnhunter8

It is, but it was for the best, toxicity and all. I'm just happy that they love those dogs as much as I did and that they will be healthy and happy, even if I feel terrible about leaving them behind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice