UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went to see my very first MC breeder, and what an experience. Nothing could have prepared me for the presence and sheer size of these cats. Whilst still being domesticated cats, they just gave off this wild vibe.. it's really hard to explain. You really felt like you were observing a breed that's extremely old.

Of course the kittens were fantastic :D My son LOVED playing with them and thought it was fantastic to throw little balls for them to chase. One of them leapt after a feathered pole and attached itself to my son's jumper!!! :biggrin: We both laughed pretty hard at that. All four had their own very obvious, individual personalities.
The mackerel red tabby with white male was the most playful, especially with the feather pole. He was fearless and seemed to have limitless energy.
The classic red tabby with white male was stockier, more conserved at the start, and was a ball man. My son played with him laughing manically when he chased a ball and it was so great to listen to. My son really brought him out of his shell.
Their silver tortie sister had balls of steel and was a right feisty madam ready for play! She had such a beautiful black nose on her pretty white face, and the width of her front legs made me go :eek: She had massive feet too, and a really nice shaped muzzle. Gonna be a looker.
A little silver tabby male made up the quartet who already has a home to go to. He played as good as the others, but now and then would perch on my knee to watch his brothers and sister play which was so wonderful.
They all got knackered out by the time I left and started making little balls of coloured fluff in odd corners of the furniture. My son didn't want to leave them :D

I had so much fun and time just ran away from me. I was very kindly made a cup of tea as soon as I arrived, but I completely forgot to drink it! Spent a total of just over an hour and a half there so had some good cat play time. Two of the adult females had a really good play as well, especially one crazy Tortie lady! She was hurling herself about after the feather pole and the thuds she made when she landed were something else!! Such big animals. I literally couldn't believe the size of the males.. they looked like lions!!

All in all a great time. I can't wait to meet some more and to go to the Supreme later on this month!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your visit :biggrin: They are a stunning breed , When i saw there was a silver tortie my heart melted , I adore torties :D ... I think it's because we carry the the redhead gene lol

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
Sounds like you and your son had a perfect day :thumbup1: :D

I'm really pleased you got to visit and experience this wonderful breed :) I can't wait to start meeting and visiting Coonies myself, my first will be at the Supreme, I'm so looking forward to it :D

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Sounds heavenly! :001_wub:

I'm going to send an email to some breeders over the next couple of days, too, as I want to see just how big and beautiful they really are and experience the Coonie temperament :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.