Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I love this dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sarah1983, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

He really is awesome :D Feeling a bit down and bored last night I decided to do some training with Spencer. No particular goal in mind, just see what cute, fun or useful behaviours I could get. I ended up with him targeting my leg with his side. Sometimes the shoulder, sometimes the hip, sometimes somewhere in between the two. And as he does it he looks up at me over his other shoulder which for some reason makes me giggle. Wondering now whether I can refine it to a shoulder target or a hip target. No idea where it came from as I've never tried getting any sort of behaviour that's even remotely similar but that's part of the fun sometimes.

Earlier on we'd done some work on him rolling over onto his back (the cue for this is going to be "who's the boss?" :devil:) and he's made the jump from having to be lured into a roll to offering me a very tentative roll onto one side with front and rear leg lifted slightly. I can build on that easily enough and should have him rolling right onto his back soon :D

He's recently learned to close the doors. Now I just need to build up distance. And teach him that shutting the bedroom door as I'm walking through it probably isn't the best idea and certainly won't get him his bedtime biscuit any quicker than if he waited to be told to shut it :rolleyes:

He comes to training sessions so eagerly and tries things with such gusto. He's so affectionate and playful and has such a love of life in general. I think we definitely made the right choice when we took him on :D He fits in almost perfectly.

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

It's lovely to hear how well Spen has fitted in - and what a change you have made to him too. It's lovely to see photos of him bounding around fit and healthy and hear about his love of training and life in general :D.

3. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

If he rakes his nails down my leg one more time I may just take this thread back!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice