Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I love the Habitrail Ovo.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Jazzy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Well it finally arrived on Wednesday after waiting a week for delivery - think they had forgot to send it because I phoned them and they sent it that day and I received it the next day.

I think its great for dwarf hamsters although I wouldn't like to keep a Syrian in it unless you added a few add ons. Jasmine our Russian hamster seems to like it anyhow. I got her a little den add on that she sleeps in and she loves the wheel and the cardboard thingy in the cage - she likes popping up through all the little holes. Not sure about the water bottle though - seems a bit daft and not sure if she knows how to use it so I have put a bowl with water in too just to be on the safe side.

I love it that much I have ordered another one for Tommy our other Russian.:D

2. ikikata

ikikata PetForums Junior

Ha, they look really good. I wish they did them in big sizes. :)

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh you mean for Degu's?:D

4. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

A double-sized ovo, that might be interesting.

5. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Nice one Jazzy...;) dont for get...............piccys please..:001_tt2:

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She loves the wheel.:)

[​IMG]

I have ordered a pink add on maze too to give her a bit more space and to keep her occupied.:)

scosha37 likes this.
  7. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

OOOh nice ..looks cool..:cool: :D

Blob on its way...;)

1 Question.....will they chew the cardbord thing? or is it ment to for them to chew...:idea:

Jazzy likes this.
  8. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

YAY!! I am glad it arrived safe and sound. They are alot bigger than they look aren't they!? :D She looks like a happy little hammie!! ;)

Jazzy likes this.
  9. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww thanks Sharon.:D

Yes the cardboard thing is meant for them to chew and then you can replace them. I have seen a pack of 3 for £4.99 online. I'm not sure that she will chew it though because I have noticed that my dwarf hamsters don't really seem to chew cardboard at all - they aren't like Syrians that will chew anything in sight. I have ordered an add on maze and a tree cardboard thing to put in it too so she should be happy. She seems happy enough in this cage anyway. I bought her a Savic Peggy and she was so unhappy that she didn't come out at all that night and I was worried that she had died so I put her back in her old cage the next day but this one she seemed to take to right away. I'm wondering if she just likes plastic cages and not ones with bars - perhaps they make her feel vulnerable.:confused:

Habitrail Ovo Maze Expansion Cage For Hamsters Pet Pink

And this is the cardboard tree maze I have ordered to go in it.:D

Habitrail Ovo Edible Tree House Maze For Hamster Cage

10. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Thanks Cherrie.:D Yes they are bigger than they look aren't they. I like the little bit where the wheel is where there are some steps and the little hidey hole underneath - I reckon she will be moving her bed in there when she gets fed up with the den.:)

11. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I really like them now there cool..:cool: if i had a russain i would deff get one of them...:D
    Yeah my Hamster chews everything!!..:eek:

Thank you for answering my Question..:smilewinkgrin:

12. ikikata

ikikata PetForums Junior

yes, they would love it, if it was bigger. Apart from i think they would chew it :rolleyes:

13. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Cute hamster, she looks happy in there :)

Jazzy likes this.
  14. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Well the other Habitrail ovo loft that I ordered on Friday came today. I ordered one of those little den thingies for the hamster to sleep in and one of those mazes. I was shocked how big the maze compartment is - it's massive.:eek:
    I have put Tommy the Russian in it and he seems to be enjoying himself on the wheel at the moment.:laugh:

15. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I wondered how big they were coz they look funky but small but in that pic it looks fab!

Thinking about getting one for my millie with a few attachments. i didnt see the water bottle tho...where abouts is it?

16. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

i love the ovo :D got all of the attatchments, i think its fantastic! and so easy to clean!

17. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I hope Tommy loves his new home. Pics if you can would be great. :D

18. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Well I cleaned out the first one I got last night for the first time and it took about 5 minutes which I thought was great because hamster cages usually take about 15 minutesor more depending on the number of fiddly tubes, to wash, dry and put together again - I was well impressed how easy they are to clean out.:D

Just loading some pics now to my computer and will put some on of both cages.:thumbup1:

19. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

It looks like a great cage. My Bella would love the cardboard thingy, as she likes running through things.

20. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Can't wait for the pics. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice