Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I love my DH!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kori, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

After agreeing to get Molly as well as the kittens, my dh spent ages fixing a lid on my home made guinea pig cage so they wouldn't have to go into a smaller commercial cage as they were already used to the space they had.

Also I just phoned the vet to register Molly (we'd already registered Casper and Chloe).

After telling them a bit about Molly she said that it's possible that Molly has not been vaccinated ever! Infact, they checked on their system and even though Molly was registered with the vet by the previous owner, she'd never actually seen the vet and never had a vaccine :confused:

Now, I have to pay for a vet appt, blood tests to see if she has any illnesses and vaccinations AND spaying! I got worried about this enormous bill so I phoned my dh who told me not to worry. It'll be a one off big cost and we knew that when we took them on. He said pay whatever we have to to put things right for Molly.

Kori

2. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Ah that's really sweet. You are doing the right thing and Molly is so lucky so have been rehomed by you!

How are you? I bet the kids are excited about having Molly as well. I keep meaning to e-mail you about what food you decided to choose. I don't know if you have read my posts. Been looking it up on the web and it's like a minefield! My head aches lol!

Sharon
    x

3. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Hi Sharon,

We are currently sticking with the cheaper PAH brand that they are already used to. We'll switch them over slowly but I don't want to do many changes at once. Poor Molly's probably never even been to a vet before.

We've booked them all in this afternoon. Wish me luck getting 3 cats and 2 noisy children to the vet on my own. (My dh would have come with me but he's got a physio appt miles away).

Kori x

4. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

What a great husband you have !!

Poor Molly needs a lot of TLC and you sound like the perfect people to give her it.

If finances are an issue the RSPCA will send you a voucher to get your cat neutererd for free and some centres also do low cost micro-chipping and vaccinations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice