Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I LOVE Fish4Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by GoldenShadow, May 20, 2010.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

They're brilliant, don't think they get enough praise :thumbup: :D

Ordered two of the 15kg working dog foods as they said its the same just not in the fancy packaging. They secure each bag with loads of plastic film stuff to stop the bags bursting and put everything else I ordered in a little jiffy back in the film so it didn't get lost.

The SUPER STAR treats are brilliant too, SO much better than I thought. I held off buying them for a while as its about £1.20 for 50g and I thought it would be bugger all but they are really small so lots in a bag. Going to be our new training treats and despite being small Rupert is eyeing them up :D

[​IMG]

As you can see they are tiny but altogether the two packets and tub cost £3.85. Dog isn't even inhaling them he is making a point of crunching them and will do absolutely anything for one :D

Transferred one of the 15kg bags into the food bin and Rupert was going gaga over it drooling all over the floor, Fish4Dogs is a big hit in this house :thumbup:

I emailed someone on their site about delivery on Tuesday at 8pm, they replied at 9pm and placed my order 11.30pm on Tuesday and here it is Thursday morning. And they often chuck in a sample of something got a couple pouches of salmon mousse this time.

I know I'm really sad, its a Thurs morning and I'm going on about how fab dog food is, but I really love Fish4Dogs :blushing:

Honestly though if ANYONE is even remotely considering them for their dog, give the vet nurse (Ali Deas) who deals with nutrition an email. Her address is:

ali@fish4dogs.com

and they are more than happy to send out a couple of sample bags which arrive in no time to see if your dog likes them.

We have used Salmon Oil for the cats, Salmon Mousse pouches for Rupert, he gets Finest Fish Kibble, their Sea Jerky fish fingers, Super Star treats and eats out of their greedy gulper bowl, and I've ordered a training treats pouch too.

Their customer service is so fantastic; I am a sucker for that kind of thing but their products are all absolutely brilliant too, I've not been at all disappointed I just wish I had come across them sooner.

2. JjPhoenix

JjPhoenix PetForums Member

agree, they are absoluetly brilliant, really good for the dogs too, len has those salmon mousse pouches too :thumbup:

3. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

My dogs go nuts for those disgusting smelling fish skins & sea biscuits :D

4. hyper Springer

hyper Springer PetForums Senior

Ive started using these Fishmonger seafood treats for dogs from P@H :)

the boy loves em,how do they compare in price to the fishfodogs (once youve added p&P)

Search Results

5. henry

henry PetForums VIP

I'm thinking of trying Fish 4 Dogs. I assume it the raw fish meal doesn't contain Etoxyquin as a preservative? I've read that sometimes manufacturers don't have to declare this if it is in the raw materials. I'm sure they don't as they say it's all natural, but I might e-mail them to ask anyway.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!.

6. GoldenShadow

I don't know I'm afraid but would like to know the answer :)

7. GoldenShadow

Fish4Dogs Sea Biscuit Squares are the equivalent of the Fishmonger's Fish Bites.

Fish4Dogs works out £5.50 for 200g

Pets@Home works out £2.99 for 90g

Which means per 100g Fish4Dogs is £2.75 and Pets@Home £3.32

Fishmonger's Fish Chunks are similar to Fish4Dogs Sea Jerky cubes.

Fishmonger's Fish Braids are similar to Fish4Dogs Fish Twists.

Both these are the same prices as the first examples for the same weights, so Fish4Dogs is actually cheaper.

Fish4Dogs is even cheaper when you buy in bulk and has no cereals so is hypoallergenic too :thumbup:

8. JeannieB

JeannieB PetForums Junior

I am a huge fan of Fish4Dogs - my dog loves them too!

All of their products are grain free, they have no additives, colorants or preservatives and most definately no ethoxyquin.

The Sea Jerky is cooked fish skin and it's so good for Gemma's teeth as it helps to keep the plaque down whilst at the same time giving her a fantastic shiny coat.

Finest Fish, their complete food, is fish and potato and is brill for puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs.

The food & treats are a bit smelly when you first open the bag but after that they are fine and NO FISH BREATH! :thumbup:

9. henry

henry PetForums VIP

I've just received a reply from Fish 4 Dogs about my question as to whether the complete food contains ethoxquin and it doesn't.

For those that feed this food, would it be OK to feed it with Naturediet, as this is what I am doing at the moment with the Burns? Does anyone else mix anything with their complete (either Fish4Dogs or other)?

Thanks!

10. GoldenShadow

I mix Natures Menu with our Fish4Dogs. As far as I'm concerned its pretty much the same as Nature Diet but it comes in pouches instead :)

He gets one Natures Menu pouch per day, 1/3 in the morning with a level scoop of Fish4Dogs kibble and at night he gets 2/3 a pouch of Natures Menu with a heaped scoop of Fish4Dogs kibble.

#10 GoldenShadow, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  11. woowoo

woowoo PetForums Junior

i feed my dog naturediet with arden grange mixed in

12. JeannieB

JeannieB PetForums Junior

I mix Salmon Mousse with Fish4Dogs biscuits because it's nice & easy to get all Gemma's food from the same supplier

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice