UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was enjoying it so much! I was never late and tried really hard at making sales but after 3 and a half days I was pulled to one side mid shift and told it wasnt the right job for me and was sent on my way. I'm gutted. I just didn't make the sales.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, so sorry you have lost your job the exact thing happened to my son! You would think they could want until the end of a shift!
But carry on, he has found a better job and I'm sure you will.
Good luck.
Mrsk9

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Dont look at it like a bad thing, its fate opening up opportunities for you, I hope you find a job where you are appreciated.

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
I was in sales in one form or another all my life...it's not everybodies cup of tea.
They didn't give you long to prove yourself,but sometimes a persons aptitude for the job shows very quickly.
Good luck at finding something suitable to your talents.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone,

It was a telesales job pushing PPI reclaims and I obviously had more of a soul than sale lol

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! It's definately been a good thing as it was my first job in 10 years because of depression and so this was HUGE step for me and I managed almost 4 days and was raring to go back tomorrow morning!! I know it was early days but I proved to myself that I really can do it!! So I have a bit more confidence in myself and I've applied for more jobs this evening and also to about 20 charity shop positions that are going so that I can hopefully stay in the swing of getting up and going out to do a days work even if I'm not getting paid for it. So i'll be helping out charities at the same time. So all is not lost!

Reactions: Fleur

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
You've not missed a lot...cold calling sales is not much of a job anyway.If you get sales they make money...if you don't you're out on your ear.They don't lose in either case...you can do better than that.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Thank you! It's definately been a good thing as it was my first job in 10 years because of depression and so this was HUGE step for me and I managed almost 4 days and was raring to go back tomorrow morning!! I know it was early days but I proved to myself that I really can do it!! So I have a bit more confidence in myself and I've applied for more jobs this evening and also to about 20 charity shop positions that are going so that I can hopefully stay in the swing of getting up and going out to do a days work even if I'm not getting paid for it. So i'll be helping out charities at the same time. So all is not lost!
That is a fantastic attitude to have :):) Big hugs to you for being so brave.

G

·
It's not nice to be pushy in telesales, I think you can find a job that makes you feel prouder. Hugs. I think I like you more for being pants at telelmarketing.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I definately like myself more for being pants at telesales!! lol. The job was awful, it was just great having something to do with my time rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself lol. Ah well at least I can still look at myself in the mirror and not feel ashamed of my job!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Things always happen for a reason - I'm sure this was the worlds way of telling you this type of work isn't for you and there is something better out there waiting for you to find it :)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I am so sorry to hear you have lost your job but way to go for your attitude towards working now!! :thumbup: I have recently started a job after 10 years out of work as well (but have been to college during the start at those 10yrs) It makes me feel so proud to say 'bye I am off to work now' :) Deffo go for charity shop work as well whilst you are waiting for the perfect job to come along :)

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Horrible to lose your job, but think about the positive stuff - you made the first step, and you can do it again. Charity work is a great idea, and will look good when you find paid work, that you didn't just sit around doing nothing :)
Good luck, little steps will get you there x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.