Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i know this is sefish but ...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nat28, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Nat28

Nat28 PetForums Member

I wish folk woud keep the fireworks to just the one night instead of the whole weekend. Poor malks is terrified :(. Cant imagine how all those dogs in rescue places must feel without someone to cuddle up to with all these fireworks going off :(

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

not selfish at all...

3. Nat28

Nat28 PetForums Member

Your right :)

4. Collie1

Collie1 PetForums Junior

If you think that's selfish how about this... I think they should be banned full stop!
    I'm upset now thinking about those poor dogs with no owners :(

5. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

Personally think it's more selfish of those that set off firework whenever they wish without warning, just for a few seconds of amusement.

I also worry about the animals in pounds and rescues :(

6. Nat28

Nat28 PetForums Member

Think about how much money shelters and other charities would get if instead of buying fireworks they donated the money. There are alot of deer near me and they must be terrified every time a firework goes off. Im trying to act normal and not fuss over malkie so he doesnt think there is a reason to be scared poor thing

7. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

nowt selfish in that wish. 5th of November yes I can acccept that but a bloody month of the dam things is just to much :mad:

8. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

I agree! I don't mind them on bonfire night and new year's eve but I can't understand why people would need to faff about with them in their gardens any other time of year.

My dad bought an enormous box a few years ago on the cheap from a friend and set them off on a random night, they were incredibly loud and he eked them out over the course of the week. This was pre-noise phobic Breeze but I refused to participate in his "displays" - they didn't even seem safe let alone how inconsiderate it was. He's also set off crow bangers as fireworks, stupid man :mad:

I'd like all but the special "garden" fireworks which are quiet banned for public sale, and restrictions on when public displays are permitted. I do like fireworks but could happily live without them!

9. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

With you all there. Our littl'un wasn't bothered till the.next door neighbours set some off. At the least i wish the were only allowed at organised events.

10. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

The rescue I'm working at atm has soundproof kennels where the dogs stay overnight so I expect they're perfectly happy! Can't imagine how others must feel though :(

11. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I wish they were banned completely. Yeah they look pretty (apparently) but everynight for weeks, and they even set of them in daylight, which defeats the object I'm sure.

I hate them. Never liked them when I was little now I totally hate them. Although I don't like anything that makes loud noises, I'm a total grump like that :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice