Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I know its horrible to say but...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Nov 1, 2012.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I feel so much better now that life is back to 'normal', and we only have the sibes, that sounds terrible doesnt it :(

I do miss Diesel, he was obviously a rather prominant and unforgettable member of the family, but the house is so relaxed now I cant believe how much he changed things when he was around.

The sibes are relaxed and happy, Keyu and Grey are happy they can play again without fear of attack, and Kira is back to normal, though she seems no different (she's still taking her normal role of resident sofa ornament :rolleyes:) I can tell that she is happier and no longer glancing warily around to check where he is. And Grey has stopped having accidents on the floor (he started pooping indoors sometimes after Diesel attacked him)

The whole atmosphere changed the day after we lost him, I thought it would take longer than that tbh.

We're getting a canvas done of him to go on the wall, we're going to pick our favourite photo tonight, I do wish I had taken more - I have thousands of the sibes but not many really good ones of Diesel (though tbf he was a hard one to photograph!)

Thankyou all again for your support, I definately know now that we made the right decision for us all x x x

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Im really glad things are settling down for you.

Its been a crazy rollarcoaster and now you can concentrate on looking after yourself ;)

3. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

It was a hrd decision to make, but you had to make it. I'm not surprised you're feeling a great sense of calm now, without realising it you've probably been on a mid-level of stress and anxiety even when things were calm. I wouldn't be surprised if you suffered any migraines afterwards from suddenly not being tense all the time.

As much as you did for Deisel, it seems that he has been released as well- he just didn't sound like a happy dog- unable to settle, unable to relax and come off guard. Wherever he is, and as happy as he was with you in his good moments, I really think he must be more comfortable now.

4. LahLahsDogs

LahLahsDogs PetForums VIP

Don't feel bad about feeling the way you do. It must be hard, but if the natural balance has been restored, then that's a positive outcome and shows you've done the right thing. :)

#4 LahLahsDogs, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

It could also be that they were picking up any stress you felt about it all and now that's gone they can feel calm themselves.

6. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

You did a lot more for diesel than other people would have. I'm glad the sibes are happy and relaxed. Give yourself a break :)

7. lipsthefish

lipsthefish PetForums VIP

I've noticed on a few of your recent threads that you somehow seem more relaxed, it's like you are really enjoying owning the dogs and are enjoying the simple things with them and it's nice to hear that they are more relaxed and enjoying life too. I can't even imagine how hard it was for you all and you're bound to still have off moments but to be fair I don't think there was anything else you could have done. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and with you being more relaxed it should do :)

8. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

I know that feeling of "relief" shall we call it. Diesel's in a better place now I believe and you can concentrate on the exciting times ahead.

9. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I know that feeling. And I know I felt awful for feeling some relief mixed in with the grief when Rupert was put to sleep. Much as I loved him life with him could be so stressful and I didn't actually realise how much so until he was gone. Rupert was a single dog, I can't even begin to imagine how much more stressful it would have been to have to deal with his issues in a multi dog household!

10. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I don't think it's a horrible thing to say at all, you tried your best but it wasn't to be, so you made a hugely tough decision and now the situation is improving. :eek:

It's clear from your posts that Diesel was much loved as are all your dogs.

Hope we get to see some pics of the finished canvas you choose x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice