Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i just totally think i died!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, May 10, 2010.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ok exagerating a bit but i have no idea what just happened, my heart went into a really strange rhythm, quite a soft one, and i felt it give one big pump then lots of little ones, and i felt all the blood rush to my head and my arms and hands tingled, and now im boiling!!!

what the hell was it???? even my vision tunneled slightly, i didnt do anything different, im just sat on the sofa listening to music and reading the forum!

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aargh hope you're ok!!

I have 'funny turns' with my heart every now and then. Latest one was on saturday when it started really racing all of a sudden and I couldn't catch my breath... I thought I was having a heart attack!

I also have 'irregular' heart beats sometimes - my heart will stop for a beat or two and then start pumping really strangely... i'm sure I should get it checked out LOL

Has it ever happened to you before?

3. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

Oww, that's scary, are you okay now?
    It sounds like a panic attack, but if you feel odd in the morning, maybe you should call your GP just to be sure.
    I used to have panic attacks out of the blue so to speak, so it really can be that. Hope you'll be okay!

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Call NHS direct for advice. Don't leave it until the morning. You can't mess around with your heart, I learned the hard way.

The number incase you don't know it is: 0845 4647

You will get some advice from people who do this for a living and are highly trained.

It could be something, but could also be nothing serious. I can not tell you the importance of getting advice on anything heart related when things happen like this.

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I would ring NHS Direct too, if I were you.

Sometimes we just get funny turns, but its worth checking out. A lot of funny turns are misdiagnosed as panic attacks when they are not, which is why its important to get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I have arrythmia (sp) the heart beat goes out of rhythm i told the doctor about the pulse in my head as if blood was suddenly rushing to it and he said its the heart missing a beat and then the next beat pushes the blood to the brain and also the blood thats backed up fron the missed beat, ive been for an e.c.g and they said it was arrythmia its common and nothing to worry about.

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

morning guys, i didnt get to come back on after posting, but i was fine for the rest of the night, and im fine today apart from a mild headache which is normal for me just recently.

ive never happened like that before, but i have noticed the odd irregular beat which of cause makes you stop for a few seconds as it stuns you, i just shrug it off usually.

i had an e.c.g done when i was 16 due to having an inflamed windpipe, my chest was hurting for days and my mum totally ignored me even though i was crying and telling her my tubes and heart feel like they are been crushed. She didnt listen untill my ex boyfriends dad rang her and said hes taking me to A&E and that he cant believe shes ignored everything i said.
    my heartbeat was normal though which is typical lol but that was 9 years ago.

i will deffonatly be keeping an eye on it, especially with me getting these headaches just recently.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice