Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I just noticed my cat is missing...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He didn't come in all day yesterday.
    Normally he comes back to the garden as soon as I let the dogs out, he comes to say good morning to them then comes in for some breakfast.

I thought nothing of it but now I realise I wanted to weigh him yesterday when my bathroom scales and he didn't come in.
    He has not been in all day today either! :(

I just just stood outside shaking the cat food and he still did not come, even though that is one sure way to get them in!

I am going to take the dog a walk round the village and see if I can find him.

x

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

hOPE HE TURNS UP MATE AND HES JUST HAVING A BIT OF A NOSE ABOUT. iM SURE YOUR WORRIED IM SURE HE WILL BE FINE. kEEP US POSTED.

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Check all out buildings as cats can sometimes be accidently locked in them. My brothers cat was locked in a neighbours garage.

4. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Has he been neutered??

before our males were neutered they used to go for a day to get fruity with the girlies

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I'm sure he'll be okay and off enjoying himself somewhere.

As Flufffluff said ask neighbours to check any sheds and garages!

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah, he has been neutered, we had him done at 5 months, before we moved when they were indoor cats as he was spraying everywhere! Lol

I think he has prob just gone a bit further away and can't hear me.

x

7. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Hope he comes back soon!!:(

8. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

PoisonGirl, we are both in the same situation. I posted earlier that my female cat hasn't been seen since Thursday evening. I have posted a few leaflets through the neighbours doors today asking them to check sheds etc. Will go out again later with some more. Hope yours turns up soon too.

9. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I used to walk the streets shaking their box of biscuits and they come running

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If he isn't back by tomorrow I am going round every house asking them to make sure he hasn't got stuck in there shed.

Later going up the rabbit hills to see if he has gone there.

Lol I tried shaking the biscuits more and some cats came but they werent mine! Lol

x

11. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

I hope he just went a bit further away then usual and comes back soon!
    When ours disappeared I hung a large picture in front of our letter box and asked the neighbours to check their sheds...

12. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Yes or a local shop. Tilly does this too. especially when the nice weather comes she disappears for long periods.

13. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

Hope your cat comes back soon, our cat went once. He went for well over a day, i dont know what cats get up to. But often like previous posters say they get locked in garages, and hopefully will return soon :) its a cats nature to to room and explore, and if its nice outside they might sleep there.

14. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hope he turns up soon, ours was hiding in the shed once when we thought we had lost him. Hope yours also turns up soon Flynnsmom. Thinking of you both, it is very worrying when there go missing.

15. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I hope he returns soon he may have got in someones shed let us know if you find him (((((( big hugs )))))))

viv xx

16. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear your cat has gone missing.

If you have a look at the other missing cat post you will see some tips that can help you to find him.

Good luck and I hope to hear that he is home safe soon.

17. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well I took Dixie up the rabbit hills and shouted and listened incase he had got stuck. I went through about 4 fields where there are rabbit hills and I just kept moving on a bit, shouting and standing real still to listen but all I heard were stupid sheep. And I stood in sheep poop!

I came back and asked next door to check their shed as I know it was open yesterday, same with the other next door but one. Nope.

Stood in the garden with the biscuits and called again.

Next door says one of their cats hasn't been in for a day or two either maybe they have gone exploring together. Lol or what's more likely is Thistle has taken Milo off to lose him because Mine keep stealing their food! Lol!

If he is not back tomorrow evening I will be putting out leaflets. My oh says leave it a few days but he has never not been in all day.

x

18. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahh thinking of you have been there mine turned up after 3 days and had been in a fight nearlly lost his eye. I think it just frightened him and he didnt move he was in next doors garden under there massive tree and we even tried to see if he was there hopefully he will come home by morning fingers crossed for you. There such a worry . xx

19. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

must be something in the air as we had 2 upset little girls here earlier their cat went missing yesterday and they were posting leaflets through the doors.

hope they come back soon!

20. dpb1

dpb1 PetForums Newbie

Our 15 year old male tabby has been missing since last Tuesday. He never usally wanders very far and we have put flyers around our street and spoken to neighbours. We have also contacted Cat protection and local vets.

Is there anything else we can do as we feel helpless and worry about where he is and what has happened. We also had a female cat go missing a few years back who came back after a fortnight, but worry this time as he is an old boy.

Some people they just wander off at a certain age and time of life but this doesn't make things any easier on us. We leave the catflap open hoping he comes wandering back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice