UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have Sky tv but it is only the basic package. Yesterday we got an offer to have the Sports package for 3mths at half price.

OH really wanted to get it so I gave in and said he could even though I KNEW it would be on virtually the whole time.

Well, he had golf on from 7pm till 8pm. I was 'allowed' to watch Location x3 for one hour :rolleyes: and he has now got on the rugby!!!!!! He's only had the damn thing 24 hours and it has already taken over!!!!! :mad:

At least I now have my argument against having it permanently!!!!!! :arf:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Sky multi room is the answers to your prayers, I pack the husband off into the bedroom so he can watch his big machine and how did they do that and space programmes (he doesn't do sport) whilst I lounge on the sofa with the open fire and the kitties watching my kind of crap :D

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
We seem to be married to the same man :lol: How I deal with it it to pre-warn him like "At such and such a time I am watching --------" then leading up to it keep on reminding like "don't forget I'm watching such and such at 7pm etc etc".

Hope that helps..... a bit :p

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Also, my husband is obsessed with old black and white world war two documentaries, wheeler dealers, pawn stars, build it or bust, top gear, the list is endless which is another reason I have to "try" to get in first :)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Sky multi room is the answers to your prayers, I pack the husband off into the bedroom so he can watch his big machine and how did they do that and space programmes (he doesn't do sport) whilst I lounge on the sofa with the open fire and the kitties watching my kind of crap :D
I second this. Or get a freeview box. We have that in our bedroom.

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
yep multi room is a god send!! i have sky sports too :scared: although it has wore off a bit with the obsessive watching....only to be replaced with fifa 13 :scared:

i love it really though cause i get to stay on here most nights :p

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We do have freeview in the study upstairs but I'm a bit sad and actually like to be in the same room as him....... :eek: I have watched my own stuff, on the odd occasion, in the other room but I didn't like him not being there. :(

I will shoot ANYONE, btw, who tells him I said this!!!!!!! :D

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
We do have freeview in the study upstairs but I'm a bit sad and actually like to be in the same room as him....... :eek: I have watched my own stuff, on the odd occasion, in the other room but I didn't like him not being there. :(

I AM THE SAME!!! although we have the multiroom i will only go up and watch if its something i really really want to watch i will just stay in the lounge with him on the laptop :eek:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Also, my husband is obsessed with old black and white world war two documentaries, wheeler dealers, pawn stars, build it or bust, top gear, the list is endless which is another reason I have to "try" to get in first :)
Oh my god I have watched so many bloody re runs of Top Gear it's untrue, I don't mind watching it once or twice but by the 20th time it wears a bit thin, Myth Busters is the other thing he likes to watch :crazy: :mad2: :incazzato: Oh and Peep Show but he has those on DVD but the theme music make me want to stab people :eek:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh my god I have watched so many bloody re runs of Top Gear it's untrue, I don't mind watching it once or twice but by the 20th time it wears a bit thin, Myth Busters is the other thing he likes to watch :crazy: :mad2: :incazzato: Oh and Peep Show but he has those on DVD but the theme music make me want to stab people :eek:
Bliddy DAVE has got a lot to answer for...................... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awww mogs, you will just have to give us folk in here more of the pleasure of your lovely company :D
Ok, who are you and could we please have the real Lavender back....???????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Feel sorry for Shelley, MotoGP has practice and qualifying friday saturday and races on sunday...if it doubles up with either World or British Superbikes there will be bike racing on from around ten in the morning 'til gone five in the afternoon...HEAVEN!!!
:lol:

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I am SO lucky that my hubby is not a sports fan and most of the time we want to watch the same things. So glad he doesn't want sky sports. My dad and BIL are obsessed with sports and my mum and sis constantly have Sky sports on.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts

:scared: You sloppy mare - were you on the vino when you admitted this :D

·
Registered
8,726 Posts

MOGS!!!!get a grip of yourself:eek:I would be happy if mine lived at the other end of the road:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I do the same, my OH watches all the aircraft things, war things etc (not sport) upstairs while Holly and I chill out downstairs with the fire and goodies ( the goodies for me, not her)

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
Tactics I use to get the channel switched over to something we both want to watch ...

..... "we've seen this episode"
(this sentence is repeated, constantly, works best at time where crucial information is being said by tv presenter)

.... "is your memory starting to fade dear?, we've seen this one, its the one where ..." (and then you go on to regale the full episode of what happens, totally spoiling his entertainment)

.... *tut*

.... *sigh*

.... open a packet of crisps and consume noisily

... talk about your own day in minute detail .... washing and laundry topics are top of the list for this ;)

... talk about nothing, in this house thats called "wittering", so witter on until the channel gets changed :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.