Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I her want so bad!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kellyrich, Jul 15, 2009.

1. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh i wish i wish i could get her isnt she adorable!!

She is a 9 week old conti just been offered to me!! And she is the exact colour i want!! Not fair!! :(

Attached Files:

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

but her and Stan would look soooooo good together

3. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I know i know!! I cant stop looking at her! But i do need to get Stan neutered first now that im not gonna breed just yet! But she is perfect!

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

how old is Stan? does he have big enough accommodation for the 2 of them? or would they need a new bunny mansion?
    would the current owners hold on to her for you until she was spayed and well again?
    I'm sure he would be much happier with a girlfriend as pretty and big as him

5. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Stan is 23 weeks! His accommodation is our house lol! He doesnt get locked up at all so i couldnt keep them separated until he was done! But im hoping to get him done nexty week if i can get him to the vets!

I dont understand what you mean by get her spayed and well again?

I think he would like a girly too but he is very happy on his own and is very bossy so im hoping that he wouldnt be too bossy to a girly!! ha ha

6. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:) if he has the whole house then you could keep her in the kitchen or a room for a while and get a baby gate (which hed prob just jump over) or just keep the door closed until they are both neutered and healed.

Spayed and well - when I had my rabbit spayed she had to go back to the vets for more antiinflammatory and pain relief because she wasnt eating and stayed over night, she wasnt herself for a good 2 weeks, as you can imagine it would be super painful, the last thing shed want is a randy stan poking her hehe

7. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Yeah he probably would jump over! lol

Well if i get Stan done next week then i would have to wait a few weeks before i put them together but i wouldnt get her done until she was at least 6months old but once he was ok then i would let them be together as it should be safe! I just need to have a word with the OH now! :p

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I think their sperm can live for a while after they are done, double check with your vets tho. also i dont know if rabbits can have phantom pregnancies like dogs? but under 6months im sure she would be ok? what does everyone else think?

9. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Yeah i was told it best to leave him 6 weeks after his op but also that does cant get preggers until they are 4 months old but i wouldnt wanna risk her geting injured anyway so i would keep them apart for the 6 weeks! I suppose it would be best just for me to leave it til after the 6 weeks and look again but i really like the look of this one! But i need to think how to keep them separated!

#9 kellyrich, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  10. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

she is perfect for him, I dont know how rare they are

i guess your options are:
    keep 1 in the garden, which would involve buying accommodation
    keep 1 in a garage/shed if you have 1 and its not full of rubbish/cars
    keep 1 in a room by its self Stan would need rest anyway
    ask the current owners if they could hold on to her for 6 weeks
    ask the current owners if they are gonna bread again and wait

11. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

The lady is a breeder and will have more in a few months but there is just soemthing about this one and she is the colour i want! She said she is keeping her for herself but i can have her if i dont want to wait for another one!

I must control myself i must control myself lol !!1:D:D:D

12. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

get stan done wait 6 weeks, if she still has her then you can beg :) lol

we'd all have too many buns if we followed our hearts good job our brains are sensible

13. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I know, id have loads thats why i darent breed as i would want to keep them all!! ha ha

Nah i dont want the same one in 6 weeks as i want one from a baby so i may just wait and see what kits she has when the time comes.....if i dont have her of course!! :D

14. stacey11

stacey11 PetForums Junior

Remember there's a chance they might not even get on if you get him a friend, what will happen then? It's harder in this case as you will find it difficult to keep them separate if they don't get on as they have free run of the house. Just a point but i'm sure you've already thought of this! :)

15. frags

frags PetForums VIP

wooaahhhh beautiful lola cherry cola!!!!!

lol you cant resist her she is stunning!!!

16. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh i know Frags she is perfect!! Im gonna have a word with Vinny tonight but i think he will make me wait until after the 6 weeks so that its easier! But im trying to get my speach ready etc and thinking how i can get round him lol!! :D

17. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I'll babysit her for you till Stan is stripped of his manhood. I promise to give her back!

18. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Ha ha yeah yeah like i believe you!! :p

19. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I think you would be best to wait. You could end up with a disaster on your hands if you rush into something merely because its available now.

Get Stan sorted, then think about getting him a girlie.

You need to do whats best for the animals involved, and in this situation you need to be sensible. Dont let your heart rule your head. The right female will turn up at the right time.

Its 6 weeks after being castrated that a buck can go with a doe.

20. I aren't being funny here, but didn't you just re-home your other bunnys? Not having a go... just a question :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice