Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I Have to sleep with the cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by proton, Apr 29, 2011.

1. proton

proton PetForums Newbie

I have to sleep with hemroid at night ... (shes the pain in the butt :rolleyes:: ) well until she goes to sleep then I can slip back into my own bed :glare:

It all starts about 11:30 at night when she tells me it time for bed. She will keep coming up to me make a funny meowing sounds (she sound like the old slim line phone) :D
    When I look at her she runs to the stairs and waits there, if I don't move she come back and keeps doing it until I get fed up and go to bed :(

So I go to my own bed and start watching the TV in bed... NO WAY!!! :crying:
    She jumps on the bed and makes that silly sound, when I go to stroke her she jumps of and runs to the door. and then back on to the bed again, then she will stand at the side of the bed 2 back feet on the floor and front paws on the side of the bed, and then slowly reach out with one of her paws and tap me... SHE WILL NOT GIVE IN!!! :crying:

After about 1/2 hour of this I give up and go into the spare bedroom where she has her own Double bed (Not even the other 2 cats will go on there ) :eek:
    As soon as I get in there she is all over me, purring like a road drill, she lets me stroke all over the head and down her body and she paws me while I and doing this.
    after about 15 minutes she will get of me and lay at the side of me and go to sleep... then I can go back to my own bed. :sleep:

She it a Pain in the Butt... but she is MY pain in the butt and I would not part with her :D

2. CandyApocalypse

CandyApocalypse PetForums Member

That is very cute. Rose is obsessed with sleeping with us, she comes and curls up as soon as we go upstairs, but she has to be under the quilt with her head on the pillow, otherwise she gets cross and will literally headbutt you until you give her enough room. Or her other favourite trick is to dig her claws into my OH's back until he moves over, then she curls up in his space.

3. proton

proton PetForums Newbie

But what REALY get me is that she will not let me stroke her in MY bed... it HAS to be HER bed :cryin:

4. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

They are Funny Eh! Indie our coonie will come to bed with us, Lays in between us and demands to be chin/tummy tickled, (usually by me) Then he will settle down with one of his paws resting on my arm or shoulder whilst purring away like a 25cc kids motorbike. After about 20 mins he will go on top of the laundry basket to sleep for the night. :sleep:

5. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Omg that is so cute I want Bobs to be like that :D

Angie x

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Oh I love it :D The things we do for our pets :rolleyes: ;)

7. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Here there are three sharing a bed. And Ari likes so sleep on my side, so I can't stretch my legs the whole night (she's a Pain in the Legs :D).
    At least when she's with us she sleeps the whole night non-stop.

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

These stories are so familiar and they made me laugh, jet has got to the stage now that he's a big boy now (but not old) and now settled and stays for as long as he wants and then goes a couple of mins later to his fave windowsil

9. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

I've slept with the cat on the bed a few times. Its not very relaxing as every time I turn over I expect to get pounced on. :mad:

Its also not conducive to a good nights sleep when you wake up to a set of fangs and a pair of mad eyes right in your face as the cat tries to lay claim to the pillow. Back to the bidet for her. :D

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Oh dear... I read these stories and wonder if my cats are abnormal.... :confused:

Both get fed about 10.15'ish at night. Merson will then 'go to his bed' which is currently the dining room chair. Oscar waits until we close the dining room / living room door and then curls up in the corner behind it.

BOTH of them stay downstairs during the night - there is a door to stop them coming up - but we don't get a peep out of them until we go back downstairs in the morning.

Do you think I should take them to the vet???????? :eek:

11. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Yes, that's a great idea, you haven't been to the vet for ages :lol::lol::lol:

missye87 likes this.
  12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

One can go off some people you know..... :glare:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Hee hee, I just thought you might need a gentle reminder!!!
    Maybe you could save the next vet visit 'til Bank Holiday Monday and pay the 'out of hours' extra charge :lol::lol::lol:

14. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Its normal for us to have at least 3 of the 4 cats on our bed. We also have a cavalier and a grandog on the bed too. My hubby is always moaning but if they aren't there he always asks where they are. He likes it really. lol:D

We went into buy a bed once and we were trying them out. We didn't know that the guy selling them was behind us. We were saying it wasn't big enouph for all 7 of us to be comfy in and as we turned round his face was a picture.

15. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Sooty used to have three sleeping positions during the night;

- On my back
    - On my pillow (thus taking up 95% of it)
    - Spponing with me either under or over the duvet with his head on my pillow.

Love him to bits and wish I could have a few more nights with him next to me :eek:

lymorelynn likes this.
  16. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

My DH and I have separate rooms (snoring :rolleyes:) so Mai Tai often sleeps in my bed. She prefers to sleep in front of me so if I turn over in the night I feel her paws poking me in the back as she climbs over to the other side :D
    She starts off by my feet and usually ends up with her head on the pillow. She will stay there most of the night and when I get up she usually stays in bed for a bit longer.
    Rosie still sleeps in the kitten room so far - I'm not sure that I could cope with a small one waking me up in the early hours.

17. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

after my dog waking me at 3am because someone forgot to get her bed out of the dryer this has given me a huge chuckle. she is currently snoring, Im awake watching the bags under my eyes get big enough for a weekly tesco shop :blink:. Tom the cat just looked at me from the top of "his" armchair, horrified I had put the light on :blink:

and I ask myself who owns whom here :lol: Im screwed once Luna gets here :lol:

18. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

I don't think I have ever met a "normal" cat - they are all bonkers..:D

19. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

perfectly matched to their owners :tongue_smilie:

20. Peter Galbavy

Peter Galbavy PetForums Senior

My Dicky (fnar fnar) has taken to being more affectionate recently and curls up on my left, under my arm but above the duvet. If I turn towards him he gently puts a paw or two on my mouth - like he's saying "Ergh! Human breath!" :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice