UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG how huge is it????It's flipping enormous!Was meant to be for 3 mice but they'll need google maps to get around that:D I'm wondering whether to put one of the Syrians in there and transfer the mice to the hamster cage or whether to just buy a few more alaskas LOL

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely get it!It's very sturdy, the base is deep, the doors are massive and you can reach everywhere with them open.The bars are coated in this special stuff so even if they get chewed it won't show.It has 6 clips to hold the top to the base so no chance of it coming loose.And it has 2 carry handles :) I love it.I'll be getting some more next week for the hamsters.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's twice the size of a savic cambridge-to give you an idea of how enormous it is.

My daughters mice sadly can get through the corner gaps-they are teeny tiny mice(not very well bred I guess), so my hamster is going to have that one,will try the mice in the cambridge and if they get through that will order a Kios on Monday and will also order another Alaska for the other Syrian and the Roborovskis can have his cage, and the dunas will be put in the shed for emergencies :)

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
It's twice the size of a savic cambridge-to give you an idea of how enormous it is.

My daughters mice sadly can get through the corner gaps-they are teeny tiny mice(not very well bred I guess), so my hamster is going to have that one,will try the mice in the cambridge and if they get through that will order a Kios on Monday and will also order another Alaska for the other Syrian and the Roborovskis can have his cage, and the dunas will be put in the shed for emergencies :)
124cm? That's bonkers! :yikes:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm no good at translating measurements into actual sizes until I see things LOL so I was very surprised by the cage!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I have bobby my mouse in a Cambridge cage and he's never got out but he is a big boy.

I'd def swap and let the Syrian have the large cage tbh.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just googled, its only 84cm, so no where near double the Cambridge, but still a decent size.
Lol it's a lot wider than the Cambridge as well as longer and if you put the Cambridge on top of it sideways you can just about get another in next to it I reckon :D

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
*cough* We like piccies you know :wink5: Well done on putting it together - but now GO AND REST WOMAN!!!! You are in pain and shouldn't have done it in the first place!!!! THe meeces might appreciate it but they need you better more than anything.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
*cough* We like piccies you know :wink5: Well done on putting it together - but now GO AND REST WOMAN!!!! You are in pain and shouldn't have done it in the first place!!!! THe meeces might appreciate it but they need you better more than anything.
My camera is at the old house still and with me not being allowed to drive yet I rely on my parents to give me a lift there and it's been so hectic the last few days that I've not managed to get there.I did take some on my ipad(well ok a galaxy tab but it sounds better to say ipad) so will try and work out how to get them on here from there.

And yes I overdid it a bit as I'm totally wiped out today.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.