Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I have just adopted a bunny

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Cfdematos, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Cfdematos

Cfdematos PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I'm not even sure if this is the place to post this but I was hoping you could help me.

A friend of mine needed to rehome their bunny and I adopted him.

He's been with me for three days now but still hasn't left his cage. He lets me pet him and seems happy (has been eating normally and playing inside his cage) but he doesn't come out to explore the house.

I already bunny proofed everything so it's safe for him.

Do you think he might be sad for living his previous owner? Is there anything I can do to encourage him to leave the cage?

Thanks for your help!

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

Animals can take several weeks to adjust to any new environment. Keep a close watch on your rabbit to ensure normal eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. Each animal is different and there is no timescale to how long any adjustment will take. Rabbits do not feel sadness at changing homes, rather, the change of sights, sounds, smell etc will unsettle him.

#2 Tiggers, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Lurcherlad and Cfdematos like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice