Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I have had my first rude comment!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucyandsandy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

I was told by another Cavie owner this morning that Sandy is skinny so I must not be looking after her properly :rolleyes:
    Hmmm can you guess what her Cavie looked like!?

2. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

Let me guess... a barrel?

3. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Now where's that tennis ball I stick a picture of a cav's head onto like?

4. lucyandsandy

Exactly! He was waddling along at snails pace whilst Sandy was bombing around the field having fun. My poor neglected dog :rolleyes:

5. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

We get that too, Iver is very leggy and lean, While Tula is a bit more plump and looks even worse with all this fur that's coming thru, when their both wet they look the same size.
    Also get told Tulas not full Cav cause she's taller and with a longer nose :rolleyes: some people think a Cavalier king Charles is a king Charles, king Charles are shorter and more barrel shape!

I love the look of your Cav nothing wrong with her :)

6. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

Your girl looks a healthy happy young dog. Its much better that they are lean than fat. Unfortunately my lot are nearly all over 10yrs and a bit porky but they are xbreeding and most were fat when i got them and then they found the delights of a sofa and you try making them run especially when its wet they will melt in rain you know

7. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

HAHAHA ....that made me laugh :) Tula won't go out in the rain or wet! When she does she tiptoes around as if she's walking on hot coal :rolleyes: but she won't think twice about jumping into lakes :lol: I have to stick her back on her lead and drag her away, she would swim all day but hates the wet...hummm :lol:

8. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

I've never known a cav that will willingly go out for a pee in the rain its suprising how large their bladders are if i get the leads out they seem happy until they are out and it pours it down then its a race back to the van, i'm usually last and they are hiding under the van in the dry

9. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Well my Cavapoo loves going out in all weathers and bombs around like a loon- it must be the poodle in the mix :D:D:D

10. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Ignore them!!!

I get it all the time like wow your beagle is a monster beagle cos he is really tall,are you sure he is a beagle,but when I stand him next to theirs he is just slightly taller-its just the gap between the floor and his tummy is way bigger than their barrel beagles tummies!creating an optical illusion.Why is it the ones who preach always have the chubby dogs

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

We get it frequently from the owners of canine chubsters, had it this morning in pets at home in fact :mad:. Chubby dogs seem to be the norm and any glimpse of rib or muscle needs to be covered in a good layer of fat ASAP :nonod:.

Your girl looks just right to me when you post pics.

12. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

I'd be so tempted to say... "Funny you should say that, i was just thinking how fat your dogs is."

13. lucyandsandy

I love the melting in the rain comment. Sandy does not like going out in the rain, I have to push her out the door and she looks at me in disgust!

14. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

She's just so used to seeing her little fatty that she doesn't know what a fit, healthy dog looks like. Just ignore her :)

15. L/C

L/C PetForums VIP

I wouldn't worry - someone with a very fat lurcher told me that my greyhounds were dangerously underweight the other day - apparently I shouldn't be able to see their ribs :rolleyes:. Gypsy is at a good weight (well I think so) but Ely is actually a bit chubby atm (he came back from the dog sitter slightly barrel shaped as he had been stealing all the other dog's food :mad:).

16. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Porky pig?? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice