Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I have found a cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by H0lly, May 4, 2010.

1. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Help, I have found a cat that mine and another has been attacking over the last few days maybe weeks, He/She is lovely and very friendly but i dont know what to do, As i live on a main road i do not want to let him/her go.

I have looked in shop windows but nothing there ,

What do you advise ?

2. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Have you tried phoning the vets and asking them if any cats have been reported as missing, check shops, posters etc take it to the vets to be scanned (they dont charge for this) to see if its chipped. I would keep it until you find out, have u tried introducing your cat to it? Its maybe worth a try?

Does it look like is got a home ie. de-flead, good healthy weight?

3. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

It is very homely, good healthy weight, we have been down to the shop and there was a notice but we have phoned the number and its not their cat,

Looks about 9months to a year , Phoned the vet and no-one has reported a cat missing, I am going to take him/her to be scanned but i have no cat box etc :(

My cat has been tormenting the poor thing and will not let up, My cat has been neutered so thats not a problem

4. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

All sorted, Took her down the vet , She was chipped a little girl called smudge a year old, they have left a message on the owners phone to ring the vets, Legally they have 7 days to pick her up and then she gets shipped off to the RSPCA, Is there anything stopping me from calling the vets on Monday to see if she is still there and if so to ask about possible rehoming.

5. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Aww thats great. I would think that if they bothered to get her chipped then they may want her back. But if they dont, i would ask if the RSPCA if you can rehome her!

6. impulce

impulce PetForums Member

This just highlights for me the importance of updating microchipping companies etc with our phone numbers/addresses when they change - its probably something thats really easy to forget amongst everything else but so important in these situations!
    Well done for doing the right thing :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice