Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i have finally found..........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lizzyboo, May 26, 2010.

1. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

a food that my fussy radley will eat! i got some free samples of vitalin through the post so tried him on that, he loves it... so have just ordered a 15kg bag.

some of you may know that i was struggling to find a food that he would eat, thought id found one in wainwrights.... then he got the runs and i couldnt understand why... since he has been having the vitalin, his poo has started to firm up again so my guess was wainwrights wasnt good for him.

2. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Glad you have found one now that suits him. I wouldn't change it again now that he is solid on it, if he seems to go off of it or gets bored just add a little water and he should tuck in again. All youngsters seem to go off their food at various times through puppyhood, maybe teething or just seeing what else will be offered.

A big mistake people make is free feeding pups, do you put down the food then remove what he doesn't eat after 5 minutes? If not i think i would start to do so, this helps establish a routine and usually helps fussy ones to be ready for their meals.

Hope he continues to do well on his new food. X

3. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

awww thats fab news :)

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Thats really good news. Bet you are well relieved to have found something he likes. I had no end of problems with Heidi and I know how great it feels when it's sorted.

Funnily enough it was the stipulated meal times and taking food away after 15mins that seemed to start our problems and free feeding works a treat for us :scared:but I suppose they are all different so you do what works best for you and make sure you stick to it :lol::thumbup:

5. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

The only thing i found that Shorty wont touch is lettuce, she's defo not a vegi :lol:

Anything else is fair game ;)

6. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

hi matrix.... the food isnt in his bowl long enough to take away after 5 mins lol. he is a little dustbin and he gobbles the lot up very quickly. sometimes i think he eats too quickly :lol:

hi mum :)lol:) yeah i am relieved at last, something he will eat and be enthusiastic about and prob alot of money saved at the vets sending off poop samples etc!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice