Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I have a question

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Kringle, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Kringle

Kringle PetForums Junior

I'm wondering about a female in heat. Will she call for a male until she is bred and then stop the yelling ? My other female which I had thought was just pregnant started crying and yelling very loudly lastnight. All night and again this morning. She was ( so I thought ) 2 weeks along..but maybe my male didn't do his job. Tonight all is quiet . Hmmm can someone help me out ?

Thanks

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. They don't shut up immediately they have been mated, but they certainly call for a lot longer if they're not mated. And if they are with a male who is doing his job, they don't really call at all in terms of making a noise - they don't need to. They make that noise to attract a mate.

Liz

3. Kringle

Kringle PetForums Junior

LOL..really.. then whats his problem ?? He is right there in the same room with her ? The thing is ..she isn't yelling anymore . Maybe she has gotten his attention..and they will just go about their business now..I hope anyways.

4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

How old is he?

Liz

5. Kringle

Kringle PetForums Junior

Hi.. he is 10 months. He has bred with my other female..she is due July 18.. lastnight I could hear them ( Bow & Kringle ) I didn't want to disturb them.. but I knew what they were doing. We have hardwood...so I can tell by her noises and her claws on the floor..so all I can do is hope for sometime between Aug 5-7 to be expecting kittens with her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice