Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I have a confession..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ellenlouisepascoe, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I think I'm a dog addict! Since getting my puppy 10 weeks ago I find myself constantly looking at other puppys online, I've fallen in love with Utonagan's, Malamutes, Samoyeds and Shiba Inu's :001_wub:

My husband would never let us have more than two at a time so I'll just have to continue day dreaming. Although I would not get another puppy at the minute already having a 18 week old menace :devil:

Is anyone else like me? Would have a house full of dogs if you could? My husbands family think we are crazy for having two :confused:

2. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

My OH said I can have as many as I want when we move.....

I think its worse than him saying no - because you have to discipline yourself and say no, rather than someone else saying no and keeping you on the rails :scared: :laugh:

3. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

If we had the space and money then yes id have more then but as it is 2 is plenty enough for us especially as one is a 6 month old lunatic :ihih:

4. ellenlouisepascoe

Mine is definitely keeping me on the rails! Lol

He's only ever had two small quiet dogs at home and now we've got s husky stomping around the house! Lol

5. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

I know the feeling :lol:

6. ellenlouisepascoe

See we have a HUGE house two living rooms , three bedrooms only two of us living there so I have the space but ..... :prrr:

I need a job as a puppy ... tester.. or something along those lines ..

" Yes that one is cute and fluffy"

7. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Can you not be a foster carer to dogs in rescues then at least you get your puppy fix and help out the dogs in rescue as well :D

8. ellenlouisepascoe

I work unfortunately :( I already employ a dog walker for my two , don't think they will allow fostering unless you are at home 24x7

9. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I adore dogs but due to my circumstances I could not give a dog the life it deserves at the moment. Once I know I can give a dog the life it deserves - and more, there will be no stopping me:D

10. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Might be famous last words, its often very true, If you have a sibe and you decide you can cope and they are the dog for you they can become very addictive. Most Ive had at one point was a Samoyed plus 3 sibes.:D

11. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Awww thats a shame, well you need to win lotto then have as many as you want or even open your own kennel :D

12. ellenlouisepascoe

I didn't think I could cope at first , honestly thought I was way in over my head but we've all adjusted pretty amazingly. We're at the point now where everything ( bar his food manners) are coming together beautifully for his age he impresses everyone at his classes at how well behaved he is.

My husband even admitted he's starting to fall in love with our husky and how independent and confident he is now he's getting older.

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I like to feed my puppy addiction by playing puppy roulette online!!
    (I cant be the only person who does this!:eek:). Just pick a pet site, type in your location and 'get' the first puppy that pops up! Today is a Shih Tzu x Bichon!!:D

14. Sled dog hotel

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!:eek::D

15. ellenlouisepascoe

I'll blame you!!! :p

" Not my fault we have 10 sled dogs, Sled dog hotel" told me it's alright!!! :p

16. Tanji

Tanji PetForums Member

Yes my wife would

17. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

I have a little look every now and then including rescue sites, but no more than 3 for me (2 utonagans and a rescue Heinz)

The only way I think I will have more dogs is if I won the lottery brought a large house with loads and loads of land and could give them gourmet steaks for din each night. :D
    I can dream...

18. Sled dog hotel

Oh 10s nothing some people have well into the teens, and some of the big kennels and older breeders you can multiply that 2 or 3 times:D

Obviously they have the land and the set up though.

19. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

My husband stops me from bringing home more dogs. We have three although, in the past, we've had seven. It's not just the money that could be a concern, but it's the time needed for individual dogs, that's where I found it to be very difficult, dividing my time and training equally so one didn't feel left out. So, we have three now and I think that's about right for us, while I'm training one, the other two have each other for company.

So even if I did win the lottery I'd have to organise a rescue and staff/trainers because dogs need time and love, not just dosh. I'd still like more than 3 though.:rolleyes:

20. ellenlouisepascoe

I think my husband is tempted by the utonagans! Gorgeous dogs seem to have the best qualities from all their mixes.

If I won the lottery I'd have a huge house and probably an assortment of animals, end up like a zoo!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice