UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHRISTMAS.........ARGHHHHHHH

parties, pressies, fancy dress, being nice, decorations, visiting relatives, giving+getting pressies, driving to places i do NOT want to go to, too much food, etc, etc.....slade and wizzard on the radio (starts soon), no no no....

just not for me.

Reactions: Waterlily

·
Registered
31,193 Posts

parties, pressies, fancy dress, being nice, decorations, visiting relatives, giving+getting pressies, driving to places i do NOT want to go to, too much food, etc, etc.....slade and wizzard on the radio (starts soon), no no no....

just not for me.
:eek: We agree on something.;)
Christmas is just another day imho. It sure isn't what it use to be.
Kids now don't look forward to the surprise. They just expect everything.:(

G

·
We don't do Christmas full stop, was a bit awkward for the first few as I kept having to remind folks that we didn't, but everyone got the hang of it in the end, nothin nicer than ignoring Christmas :D

We tot up how much we would have spent on cards stamps wrapping and presents and donate that to a couple of chosen charities.

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
I quite like christmas personally. Although I will admit to enjoying it much more after I said 'bu***r what everyone else is doing!' and just did my own thing instead!!LOL;)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts

just not for me.
and? just cos you're a misery doesn't mean we all are. If you don't like christmas, then don't do it.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and? just cos you're a misery doesn't mean we all are. If you don't like christmas, then don't do it.
but im not a misery, i just resent having it pushed down my throat, for what? to revive the retail industry, well im never gonna help out there, im not anti-christmas as a religious date, even if it doubtless isnt the date of christs birth, ive even been known to go to church, but reindeer? santa? elves? nah....

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
debt....mmmm, i knew the OH was hiding something from me, last year the parcels kept arriving, i never clicked, we have 5 kids and 6 grandkids, and no shops within 12 miles, about february i discovered she was hiding catalogue statements, i guessed we owed £400 - £600

£3250......i nearly died, 40% apr.....

we are down to £1300 which i will clear november 15th

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
I love Christmas and look forward to it. Gets me through the rest of the year imagining a few days of laziness, delicious food and quality time with whoever I choose to spend it with.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It's silly things I notice. Xmas lights cheer the dark nights up. The classic films on tv...you've seen them a thousand times but still love them.

The excitement of the children. Decorating the tree. The smell of Christmas dinner cooking.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I love it! It's the only time I take a break in the year. I work right through from February until mid December, and we have done this for 13 years now!:eek::eek: Non-stop, every day and every weekend, so we really do look forward to our well earned and deserved break.

That's when we repair all the agility equipment, re-paint it, sort out new classes, shuffle people around, design new lessons - so it isn't much of a break, just I can do all of those things in my jammies!:blink:

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
having had 5 kids and never having the money to give them what i wanted to didnt help, likewise my mum and dad before me, its the one time of year being skint smacks home

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
having had 5 kids and never having the money to give them what i wanted to didnt help, likewise my mum and dad before me, its the one time of year being skint smacks home
I've got 5 children as well. Even though we couldn't afford the expensive presents other kids had, mine never moaned. I find it a bit strange when people tell me they spent hundreds of pounds on presents for kids...that's not the point of Xmas for me..it's not a competition.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.