Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I HATE foxes.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by crofty, Aug 11, 2009.

1. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Three foxes went into my sisters garden this morning, she had put the two buns out at in their run at 6am, she was in the house with her dog neither heard a thing until the next door neighbour came round and said she'd seen a fox carrying one of her buns out of the garden.

They got into the run and took both her buns and had ripped one of them apart basically in the garden as well as pooing everywhere at the same time. I went straight round, it was horrible, she's in a real state, we found what all parts of dotty but titch (originally my nethie) is missing, there was a small amount of his fur and shes clinging to the thought he may have got away but theres no way he could have, the patch of fur makes it clear they had him too.

Only a few weeks ago there was a big dog fox stalking our friends cairn terrier, her husband had to run out with a gun to scare it off. Its got into her chickens run in the middle of the day and killed them too, she managed to save one which the fox tried to grab out of her arms!!!!! They are sooo bloody evil.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/rainbow-bridge/54886-titch-dotty.html

#1 crofty, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Sorry to hear about the buns the foxes got!

3. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Poor things and your poor sis too. I didnt realise foxes were so bold, especially to try and snatch a chicken like that too.
    There are foxes in the fields behind us as Ty rolls in their poo but I dont know if they come to the cottages-we do have rats though and they are horrible too

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

OMG thats horrible!

Your poor sister.

5. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I'm really sorry about your sisters rabbits but foxes are not "evil". Animals do not know how to be evil. The do what the need to do to survive. It's so sad what happened to your sisters pets but please remember many farmers would consider rabbits more of a nuisance than foxes.

Every animal has it's place in the world but sadly sometimes they colide and people like your sister end up being heartbroken.

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

thedogsmother likes this.
  6. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Rubbish farmer's and hunter's alike have nothing agaist pet rabbit's:rolleyes:

7. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I'm sorry to hear about your sisters buns! That must be awful to see them go that way. Even though my rabbits live indoors I still have nightmares about them being outside in a run and foxes getting at them :(

8. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Except the rebel rabbits who go and graffiti all over their tractors.

9. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Yeh thanks just want i want to hear :rolleyes: this is not a fox debate, they are horrible ruthless killers in MY opinion, ive seen the destruction after they have killed 50 odd chickens and even worse just maul others and not even kill them properly before they take one bird and leave.

Like someone said these are pet rabbits in the middle of town in daylight protected by a run and 6ft garden fencing!! These foxes have no fear and we are being over run by them. But thats my opinion on a thread ive posted after a traumatic day clearing up bits of my sisters rabbits from the lawn.

#9 crofty, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  10. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

OOh how sad to hear..:(

11. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

As much as i love foxes id be devestated if that had happened to any of my pets. Im so sorry for the loss of the bunnies. :(

12. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I won't debate this here as it's not appropriate but the above is a load of rubbish. If you want a fox debate then I'll be happy to contribute but not here.

As I said, I'm sorry for your sisters loss, very sorry.

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I am so sorry :( I despise foxes too, 3 years ago they got my cat. They ripped his head off and left his body (for later we assume) :(

14. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

:confused: Don't understand we're talking real rabbit's here! not Alice in wonder land

What as op said that's rubbish?

15. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

:rolleyes: Thanks but its not rubbish at all :mad: this is a thread i started to vent over the horror ive seen yet again today. I do not want a debate with you, everyone has there own opinions on this i respect yours but do wish to have it shoved in my face on a day like today. You want to set up a seperate thread thats fine but im not getting drawn into a debate that on this forum always ends up personal.

Thankyou for your sympathy though.

16. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear this Crofty. How awful for your sister and for you! t must be heart breaking. Its one of my biggest fears especially when Im going to be away for 2 weeks!

Run free little bunnies and binky for ever eating the freshest greens and grass any bun could ever wish for and bever fear the foxes again!

So sorry Crofty a Big hug to you and your sis!

xxx

17. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahh this is so sad i have to barracade my guniea pigs in at night as i always worry just in case we have foxes around touch wood had no problems so far. But they are well known for getting in to bunny hutches etc its so upsetting for the owners how awful to have to deal will the loss of your bunny then have to clear up after it to.

18. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

That must have been awful, I am sorry :crying:

I had a nightmare about this the night before last, made me feel sick. My friend was telling me how this happened to her rabbit when she was little. It was this point I decided Pepsi was to be a house rabbit

As for Mr Fox, he just shouldn't be in the town. There is not much food for them, just bins and pets. They are very bold. I was walking to work one morning and one was on the pavement, I thought he would run off but I had to stop about 2meters from him as he just didn't budge, we sat watchinng each other for a while before he turned and walked away. He would walk up and down the fire escape to our offices

19. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Oh that is sad, we have a fox that comes into our garden ,, but i belive she is young, i have wittnesses her and my cat have a spat then feed from the same bowl, I did used to feed her but i stopped because she was messing in the garden and the children got it over them ,, and i am sorry she may be a beautiful creature but my kids are far more preciouse,

But that is so terrible, what is she going to do,

20. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

what a horrible thing to happen, so vicious and upsetting, was the run pegged down? I imagine some areas are over run with foxes I hope u manage to get rid of them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice