Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I hate facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by srhdufe, May 18, 2010.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I've been catching up with old school friends on there and its made me sooooo depressed :eek6: :eek:

They are all married (or have long term partners) and have children. Some of them are on their second and third...

I am only 24 but it feels like that stuff will never happen :eek6:

I am so fed up i am going to ban myself from facebook :p

What the hell is wrong with me? I havent had a boyfriend for aaaaaaaaaaaages :frown:

2. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

I'm the opposite. I go on facebook and all friends are single and have no children, I sit and think 'damnit! where'd I go wrong!' Lol so don't worry lol

3. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. jen24

jen24 Banned

yeah i think the same!! :D:lol:

5. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i'm the same hun, everyone i grew up with has at least one child, their own house and engaged etc - depressing isnt it??

6. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

See what I mean ^^^^

Lol enjoy the peace whilst you can lol :D

7. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

lol im know how u feel srhdufe!!

it depresses me too big time!! so im trying real hard not to go on it too much.
    all my 'friends' (friends? huh yeah right ) on there seem to be having such a good time, they constantly putting up photos etc....and it just reminds me of how i need to get a life!!!

i do think there is a degree of falseness with it, like the way u add ppl ,total strangers who really couldnt give a damn about u......

anyway theres a good thread here about it :thumbup: youre not alone srhdufe

Facebook: help or hinderence? - SAUK Discussion Board

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww dont be depressed, your time will come, and it will be great mate :)

9. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Cheer up hun :)

All my facebook friends are engaged, getting married, got Children or having or living with their OH.

Instead im going back to college and doing Nursing (i hope)

And my best mate has just got engaged :eek:

10. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Very :rolleyes:

11. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

tell me about it.
    I swear my wheely bin has more nights out than i do :(

12. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I'm so glad none of my friends are planning on marrying, have children, settling down.

13. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

14. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

This is how i met my other half, Now 2 years down the line, he is living with me etc ..so be carefull itcould be you, Social me works and is GREAT for the confidence

15. lady_r0gue

lady_r0gue PetForums Senior

Nothing's wrong with you hunni! Just because none of the men you've met in time have been good enough for lovely you doesn't mean there's anything wrong with u... Don't resent the single life... here's a few reasons why you should be happy to be single!!!...
    1. Alcohol - if u don't, u don't have to put up with it, if u do- more for you!
    2. Bed - no having to share with elbows, snoring or stinky feet
    3. Coffee - my OH gets through like a jar a day!!!
    4. Dirty Laundry - well at least it's all your own
    5. Empty Cupboards - you can leave them empty and eat out
    6. Friends - you can snuggle up with anybody and have who you like to stay!
    7. Grumpiness - the only aggro you get in the morning is from the Jeremy Kyle. Which you can watch, because there's nobody there saying "I'm not watching that cr*p!"
    8. Housework - you can actually decide not to make a mess and effectively avoid housework for months on end
    9. Irritation - you can get irritated and not have anybody getting irritated with you for being irritated...
    10. Job - If you have to work late, or you don't have a job, nobody will whinge at you. Plus you don't have to put your life on hold because of someone else's job, or lack thereof.
    11. Killing - the likelihood of killing your partner is drastically reduced.
    12. Lovers - are always a possiblity! not so in a marriage.
    13. Masturbation - is quicker.
    14. Neighbours - relationships are often less strained with neighbours if they haven't had to listen to your children being conceived. Or born. Or having temper tantrums.
    15. Odours - the smell of a man's socks in your perfumed boudoir can cut through the atmosphere like a maul axe!
    16. Pets - love you to bits... get a man they're bound to pay him more attention, despite the fact that you rescued, toilet-trained, fed and cared for them all their lives...
    17. Quarrelling - you get to rehearse your arguments on your own so you can always come out on top!
    18. Right - Surely you must be always right if there's nobody there to tell you you're Wrong?
    19. Stretch marks - you have none. I'm not talking about those little ones cos you put on a bit of weight at 13 - i'm talking humongous saggy scars - count your blessings girl!
    20. Trips to the shops. Needs no explanation. YOU DO NOT REQUIRE A MAN FOR SHOPPING. Although of course it would be nice to have him pay.
    21. Under-valued - You won't feel under-valued because you can always appreciate all of your fab points and happily ignore any failings!
    22. Vanity - no competition for the bathroom or mirror, and no finding that your lovely child has used your £15 lippy to paint her friend.... :eek:
    23. Weekends - you can go to bed at 6am, sleep til 4pm, have vodka for breakfast and go wherever you like... well it may not be your bag but at least you can...
    24. X - can just read it and weep :p
    25. Y - do you really want to be chained to the cooker making beans on toast for tea?
    26. Zinfandel - see Alcohol

Hope that helps!!! xxx

srhdufe likes this.
  16. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Thats briliant !! :)

17. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Love it xx

Rep is on its way x

18. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

A lot of my friends have their own children now, some are also onto their second. None are married yet to my knowledge but quite a few are engaged.... and some of them are not even 20 years old yet!!

19. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I will be your boyfriend!! :lol: :lol:

20. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Facebook can work well in reverse though.. seeing piccies of someone you had bully you for 4 years with greasy hair, spotty, fat, frumpy and generally looking like a complete tramp works wonders for my self esteem now :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice