UK Pet Forums Forum banner

I hate cars!!!

566 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  sophoscar 
#1 ·
Dont they just cause soo much stress. I brought a new one 2 days ago! Already gne wrong garage cant find whats up with it! Its quite scary as i was driving and it just completely cut out on 60mph zone luckily got over in time or it could of been worse! I never have any luck with cars! I just dont whats up with it been in twice and still dont know whats up with it its really stressing me out now! and im scared to drive it!

#2 ·
I just had mine in garage, and they charging me £70 for rubbing my brake shoes down, because they couldn't find the problem with it!!! They think it might be the hub, or it might be the shoes, but basically when I put new shoes on it now its just gonna do the same thing because they haven't actually fixed the problem. I don't hate cars..... I hate MOT's and garages!!!

#4 ·
My car failed it's MOT yesterday .... didn't think it would pass, but had hoped it wouldn't be too bigger a bill ... well it looks like its going to be 500 odd quid ... some welding and shock asorbers ... and other bits ... I will have to get it done though cos I can't afford another car ...

C X

#5 ·
Cars = nightmare
The amount of times mine went into the garage for little things under warranty really annoyed me and for the glow plugs to go at 15k well got me angry....i only had the car about 3 weeks :eek:

#6 ·
My car failed it's MOT yesterday .... didn't think it would pass, but had hoped it wouldn't be too bigger a bill ... well it looks like its going to be 500 odd quid ... some welding and shock asorbers ... and other bits ... I will have to get it done though cos I can't afford another car ...

C X
:scared: What a rip off!!!
When i got some new shock absorbers, they didnt charge me. Its 2 years over the warranty now too. Was it at the garage you bought it?

#7 ·
I think its a voodoo car lol the women i got it from was abit strange? she didnt even sign the v5 when she got it so the women who sold it to her 2years ago is still registered! The whole car shakes like its going to explode and cant drive it over 10mph coolant bubbling- i thought it was head gasket but it isnt! theres warning lights on dash saying stop! its strange! its a nice car too only but its lethal! its stressing me out thinking what it is im going sell it but i want know what it is before sell it because it would be unfair to sell knowing its dangerous! x

#8 ·
Can you have it all checked out the suddenly loosing power sounds like a blockage with fuel posisbly air.. you don't say what type of car it is, Certain cars are plagued with the same problems. the light on dash does it look like a little engine?

So my questions are type of car age etc
what light comes up,
and whats all the probs?

#9 ·
I suppose I am going on worst case scenario with 500 quid ... he only estimated 300 so I always over budget... it needs rear brakes, shock asorber, front brakes and discs, some welding, various brake pipes/hoses replaced, the emisions tweaked. Considering my car is an M reg VW Golf, its not done bad ... just want another year out of it.

#11 ·
Hi when i say cut out the engine sounds like its in high revs and drops down to 10mph and below you cant move because it judders then stalls! its a renault clio dynamique 52 reg only done 43 000 miles on it! and on the dash its coming up saying electrical fault and stop! manuel says could be head gasket but i dont think so! it seems to happen when you put your foot down i have a video and you can see the engine moving sideways it scares me stuff like this! Its been in garage on ramps etc and had a box test done no signs of faults the garage really cant do anything untill they take it out and it happens to them!
I had to push it back last night lol and it was tipping it down because a guy said turn it off incase it sets on fire lol it sound awful! But then took it to garage today started fine however rev counter was on 20 revs which not right is it! Gutted as it such a nice car and its gold lol!
x

#12 ·
Hi when i say cut out the engine sounds like its in high revs and drops down to 10mph and below you cant move because it judders then stalls! its a renault clio dynamique 52 reg only done 43 000 miles on it! and on the dash its coming up saying electrical fault and stop! manuel says could be head gasket but i dont think so! it seems to happen when you put your foot down i have a video and you can see the engine moving sideways it scares me stuff like this! Its been in garage on ramps etc and had a box test done no signs of faults the garage really cant do anything untill they take it out and it happens to them!
I had to push it back last night lol and it was tipping it down because a guy said turn it off incase it sets on fire lol it sound awful! But then took it to garage today started fine however rev counter was on 20 revs which not right is it! Gutted as it such a nice car and its gold lol!
x
I knew you were going to say a renault, the renault Laguna has the same fault..

just asked the coyle pack has gone down or the wireing loom into the back of it is loose, more likely to be the coyle pack, engine management light comes on the dash, when it goes down, which is like a little pic of an engine and this car has this common fault.. Apparently it isn't expensive to fix.. Hope this helps. x

#13 ·
Its not the coil pack i had a scenic before and that did the same i had 2 that went! its not that its been in garage 2 days they have checked coil pack nothing wrong with them as he said they have been replaced not that long ago so it def isnt that! i thought the radiator as it sound like its overheating but how can it be fine and then go weird i just dont get it? x

#14 ·
Its not the coil pack i had a scenic before and that did the same i had 2 that went! its not that its been in garage 2 days they have checked coil pack nothing wrong with them as he said they have been replaced not that long ago so it def isnt that! i thought the radiator as it sound like its overheating but how can it be fine and then go weird i just dont get it? x
Well sorry thats all I can offer haha he said quite often its the wireing for the coil pack and its very random....

When I think back my mates megan did the same we were bombing down the lanks in the outside lane and suddenly from 70 we had no power ended up on a verge very scary and this mechanic fixed it and it was that exact prob..

Good luck anyway hun.. xx

#15 ·
yeah thanks for that! i just dont know what it could be and its annoying especially because i just brought it! and i like it! but im going get rid of it and stick it on ebay but i need to find whats up with it really first! The car has been in all yesterday and this morn and found nothing! but then i will go and drive it later and it will do it again i wish had a mechanic i knew who would be there lol im finding it quite spooky now! Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

#16 ·
yep could definately be the wiring, or the bits the wiring goes attaches via/to (can't remember the proper name of these bits! male and female parts... dammit..)

could also be, engine and fuel lines needing flushed, new fuel pump (and sundries), the MAF, the list goes on

next time buy a VAG group car. there is a lovely bit of software (vagcom) that plugs into the car from a normal computer and flags up all problems nice an easy ;)

Renaults are a complete front-bum to diagnose, took over a week of investigating to find out that the pistons were sticking on my 182, simple problem yet completely non-plussed the renault garage!

i have changed to a audi tt now..

#18 ·
Could be wiring thats causing it??

All modern cars are eletrical set up...this is one reason i hate new cars because it takes forever to find faults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.