Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I had to laugh!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by YellowLab, Jan 18, 2012.

1. YellowLab

YellowLab PetForums Senior

I was cleaning the kitchen and had my back to the door and I heard Yogi's tail thumping against her crate getting louder and faster. I wondered what had set her off and when I turned round my 10 month old had crawled through the baby gate and into Yogi's open crate and had his hand in her water bowl! Yogi was just laying there with an expression on her face like "come on in, the more the merrier!!!" She has her faults but I cannot fault her in anyway round the kids, in fact she would quite like it if they spent the night with her in the crate!!

2. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

I think the relationship between animals and our children is an amazing one to witness.

Our first ever rough collie, Breaidh, 'worked' with me as a nanny to a private household. They would have loved a dog, but as both parents were teachers it wasn't possible. So when we said that we were thinking of getting a pup, but i'd need to bring her to work would that be ok, they were delighted.

Breaidh loved their children and family just as much and was a real hit on the school run. But woe betide anyone that she deemed getting to close to her 'babies' when we were out and about. She was the same with DD when she was born too. As gentle as a lamb with Marnie, would guard her pram when they were out in the garden. Would go and lie outside her room when she slept and took so much tugging and pulling until Marnie learnt the meaning of 'no' properly. She was Marnie's nanny and loved all the children when they either came to the house or we were out and about.

It's 12 years since we lost Bree and to this day i still miss her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice