Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i had the courage to phone the farmer...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sarahnorris, May 10, 2010.

1. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

i used to own a border collie, he was farm reared and a total handful, after alot of thought and consideration and after a year or trying to control the little bugger i let him go to a farm not far from me to fulfill his life as a sheep dog and run riot.

after 4 months iv just plucked up the courage to phone the farmer and ask how he is, and hes great hes almost fully trained as a sheep dog and he says hes brilliant and having the time of his life, he has a new name and loads of new friends and hes getting on great in his new life.

and i miss him so much, and im sobbing as im writing this because its so hard and i miss him with all my heart, he was my first dog and ill never forget him and all the fun times and all the bloody mischief he got upto!

and i guess i just wanted to let somebody know.

and please take all the consideration and time in the world to pick your dog or puppy, and whats right for you. because in the end, if you don't get the right dog for your situation and your lifestyle. you'll end up feeling what im feeling right now, and oh god it hurts. alot.

thanks for reading, and im sorry for the sob story.

[​IMG]
    i'll love you forever Miller.

and i know that in the end, i got him the best place ever for a new home, and get to chase sheep around all day!
    he loves it, and hes great at it too, its in his blood.

#1 Sarahnorris, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Aww! At least you know he's all good :)

3. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Hello. Aww what a beautiful dog! I am sorry that he didnt work out, but atleast he is very happy in his new home!

4. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

you put his needs first, that makes you a good dog owner in my eyes :) x

5. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Having always owned Border Collies some are not happy as house pets they were born to work,I think what you did was so unselfish and proved how much you loved him I admire you Suexxx

6. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

your kind comments has made me cry again! thankyou so much for your support!

im such a goof!

7. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Exactly ;) don't beat yourself up, you have done a totally unselfish thing :)

8. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Well done to you for having the courage to try with him in the first place but to then find him a home where he would be fulfilled and he so obviously is now doing what comes naturally to him. I can imagine that it wasn't an easy decision for you to make but you were unselfish and put his needs first, I know it's hard but you should be proud of yourself for this. Also if people learn from this that it is important to research & look into seriously what breed of dog is right for their lifestyle, that is also good.

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I dont think anyone should be angry with you for your decision.

It would be more cruel to keep him cooped up in a house for your own selfish reasons instead of letting him do what he was bred to do, you made the best decision for him rather than yourself.

Good to hear he's having a great time, i hope it put your mind at rest a little bit :)

10. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Aww! At least you know he is in a good home and doing really well xxxx

11. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Sounds like you did the right thing for your doggie:) But i'm sure it's so hard for you!

12. madferrit*

madferrit* PetForums Senior

really feel for you . Everyone's right though you have done a brillant thing by giving him the right home where he will be able to wear himself out doing what he loves the most. Hold your head high hun with pride for your happy boy x x x

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Well done for making the right decision she's better off now

14. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

You found him the perfect home! At least he is enjoying himself to the max, and thats all thanks to you :)

15. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

You made the best decision for your dog...well done you. xxx

16. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

exactly that ^^^ :)

lovely dog and im sure hes grateful to you for letting him do what he really loves :)

17. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Hey, you did train him for a year but it just wasn't working out so I give you credit for that :)

As everyone else said, he is in a much happier environment ;)

18. Heinz57(emma)

Heinz57(emma) PetForums Newbie

i agree totally !!!

you did the right thing!!

**hugs** :thumbup:

19. Gracie1

Gracie1 PetForums Junior

Oh, I really do feel for you. You put your dog's needs before your own, which is such a difficult, unselfish thing to do - he was very lucky to have you! x

20. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

You should be proud of yourself for realising you two weren't meant to be.. He sounds like he is having a great life....And probably loves the life of a sheep dog....Collies can be a handfull..and they are so clever...

Big pat on that back.. and just remember.. you did what was best.. cause you love him.. And gave him a chance.. xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice