Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I got my very first Hammie today :)

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by K1nS, May 13, 2010.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

This is Moon, a syrian hamster that I bought this afternoon from P@H. He seems to have settled in really well, and hes so lively! They said he was between 8-10 weeks old :)

Here is is cage, we got the cage along with everything I needed to start off with for £40 which I thought was a really good deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here he is :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some videos of him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ButterflyBlue

ButterflyBlue PetForums Senior

what a gorgeous hammy! what cage is this? i'm having a dilemma in trying to decide which cage to get, i'm also going to pets at home tomorrow!

3. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Its 'Peggy Mtero' if that means anything to you lol? I got it as it was a starter cage with food, bedding, food bowl, water bottle, house and tubes supplied within the price. It was £40 for the lot :)

4. ButterflyBlue

ButterflyBlue PetForums Senior

thanks will check it out when i go there tomorrow :)

i usually get flustered when im surrounded by furries and pets etc so i tend to forget all my pre plans and just buy stuff in sight haha :D

you have a lovely hammy and when i've got everything i need i'm also gonna go to P@H to get mine from there too :)

5. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Sounds good. They had some lovely little Hammies in there yesterday, I was spoiled for choice!

6. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

Aww cute hammy :D

Thats the cage I got for Sausage to start with too... and still have lying empty hmm :D

7. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

How sweet.. I have that cage.. A peggy metro.. its what Chewie bear is in at the moment.. I have another cage I attach to it so she has loads room.. Im planning on putting the other one on this week so the babies can run through all the tubes..lol

Good look with moon.. He looks lovely...

i daren't walk in pets @ home any more lol... Its so hard not walking out with them all..lol

8. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

He is so cute!! Looks very healthy so congrats!!! Syrians are brill pets!

Me thinks you should fill it!

Lol I know...i don't even like buying from pet shops...but when you're there...the temptation!!! xx

9. metame

metame PetForums VIP

moon's cute!

good luck with him!

10. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I will be on the lookout for another dwarfie when I go home I think :D

11. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Yeah I'm surprised how friendly my adopted one is!! I did adopt two from a lady/man and a robo...but they were simply terrified of people. Now they are calmer but still not handleable...so I just talk to them lol. Still I thought it was the breed...but have 2 more now and one particularly is great! xx

12. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

I used to have hamsters when I was a kid but I don't really remember them too well. I just didn't know they could be how he is, I didn't think you could really handle them apart from taking them out of their cage and into their ball but obviously you can. They are actually pretty sociable animals arn't they? :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice