Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i foundout taxi dont take animals

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by katie200, Jun 22, 2009.

1. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

hi
    the other day i found out that taxi wont take animals so if you dont drive how can you take your pet to the vets are there speacal animal taxi who can take them do anyone know?

2. Pamela

Pamela Guest

Yes there are pet taxis in our area, our vet has cards on the desk to advertise them.

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I haven't experienced that. We have had our dog in a taxi when he was really ill.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Taxis where I live always allow Candy and Sky :confused: It's a shame not all of them are like that

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Try a different taxi company? Where we are there are quite a few taxi companys, some of them allow the dog, others dont.

Where we used to live I just took the dog or cat on the bus to the vets.

x

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

thanks for all your help i have rang round about 7 taxis to find out if they would take the pet in with me but the all say i would be luckey to find one that takes pets because there not aloud anymore which i found weid because when i used to work as a carer the person dog always used to travel in taxi with us but ive got to find some kinda transport that would take my pets to the vets if they realy needed it as i dont drive and my dad cant always do it
    but thanks for your help anyway

7. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

i would ask at your vets,
    there must be a taxi company that takes pets, x

8. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

How ridiculous - they surely can't refuse a blind person with a guide dog .... well hopefully not. I presume they are quite happy to pick up the drunks after a night out though.

On the odd occasion Ive had to travel to the vet in a taxi my cats/kittens are obviously in a pet carrier and the taxi operators have always been happy with that.

9. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

When my car was off the road I found a pet taxi and in fact it was a lot cheaper than a regular taxi.

liz

10. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

My friend is a Dog walker and also takes animals to the vets for people. Try ringing a mobile local dog walker

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Hi, I have never had a problem using a taxi to take to vet....try another company or ring and ask if they do cos sometimes drivers may make the decision off their own back xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice