Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I found a great tit

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by Neits, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Neits

Neits PetForums Newbie

I found a great tit and I took it home because there was danger that a cat or a dog would eat it or something and I couldn't take it to the closest trees because of the private property.

It pooed a few times so it seems it has eaten before I found it. Now it doesn't want to eat. It also kinda puts it's beak under the wings like it was scared or something, is that a sign of something or is it just scared?

Any hints to what to do? I'm intending to let it go as soon as it recovers.

Please help :)

2. Birdie Wife

Birdie Wife PetForums Member

Hiya Neits,

I'm assuming it's an adult as you were able to identify it as a great tit so do you think it flew into a window and got stunned or something similar? You didn't say how long you have had it for but if it's already pooed a few times I'm guessing overnight? If you haven't already, you could put some water in a shallow dish for it, dehydration is much more serious than starving, but it probably won't drink if it's still stressed or in shock. Putting its head under its wing is a sign that it's not feeling well so the best thing to do would be to try and find a quiet place outside and leave it there. If they are going to recover it usually takes them an hour or so. Good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice