Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I forgot to tell you all yesterday, DH got the job!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 5, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Yesterday I decided to have a real bash at the housework I haven't done due to the heat, so didn;t get online until much much later.

Anyway Dh was made redundant from his job 2 weeks ago and things where getting very tight, not to mention DH was feeling dejected and rather depressed as this is the second time in 9 months he's been made redundant.

Anyway he applied for a job as an assistant manager with Clarks Shoes for one of their huge stores. A step down from manager, but he didn't have the experience in people management (his store was much smaller and he only had 5 staff, this store is over 3 floors and has 56 staff) or in that particular field of sales that they were looking for in the job.

However he must have made a big impression as they said they were very interested in him joining the company, but not for the job he'd applied for. They said that they would look around the company and see if there was a position better suited for him in one of their other stores and they would let him know Friday.

Friday came and went without a word and DH thought that they didn't have anything for him. However they phoned back Saturday morning and offered him the job he had originally applied for.

Its £2000 more a year then he was on at his previous job so we're understandably over the moon. He starts this Thursday and I simply cannot wait, 2 weeks of 24/7 with DH is enough for anybody! lol

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

that's good news:D

3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Well done for him. Congratulations.:D:D:D

4. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

Ellie x

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Congrats that is brilliant news! Must have made your weekend for you. I know how horrible it feels to be made redundant!! I hope everything goes well for him in his new job.

6. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Try 7 months! :cryin: lol

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Well done to him.

I hope it all goes well for him

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's great news. I'm glad things are looking up :)

9. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

10. SeaThreePeeO

Thank you everyone :D I am so pleased as we were beginning to run out of stuff :rolleyes:

Kittykat you have my sympathy. It was great to have the adult company for oh, I don't know the first 24 hours and then he really started to get on my nerves. He is a terrible interferer and I just want my house back to the way I run it. Of course he thinks his 'help' has made my life that much easier :rolleyes:

11. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

thats great news congratulations to you both :) xx

12. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

lol Oh god some days it really gets to me! He doesnt like going out so hes home 24/7 - Its been so long I cant imagine what it would be like if he wasnt glued to the sofa! haha

13. lifeizsweet

Thats how i get when it gets to winter and my OH isn't doing 12 hours 7 days a week anymore! I like having weekend days to my self and he comes along and takes over the telly and thinks he has to eat a proper cooked meal for lunch AND dinner! I love summer when he's out in the fields till the late hours and i get to relax and have the house to myself!!

14. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

lol you know I actually sat on "his side of the sofa" yesterday and couldnt believe how low and deflated it was, Im not kidding! haha ...

You have my sympathy also, I keep asking him to come out for walks with me & Cola but doesnt show an interest, only in the pc!

15. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Oh I know! The food we are going through at the moment! We have different sleep schedules also. .. he stays up until 4-5am then gets up around midday so at least I have the mornings more or less to myself! I can relax and lay out on the sofa and watch MY programmes! lol

16. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

haha yep its the same here lol I sink into his imprint lol

my OH cant handle going out at the moment I hope it changes soon, we are driving each other mad I think, i want to run the house my way again lol

kittykat likes this.
  17. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

OH I would love that, I havent watched my telly properly for a while its taken up by the xbox usually or top gear lol

18. lifeizsweet

Our food bill definately goes up when he's at home! I have to sky plus everything i want to watch! I really need to sort out the telly in the spare room and turn it into a living room/study!!

19. SeaThreePeeO

Oh my god I know exactly what you mean. For the past two weeks I have had to watch ad nauseum American Chopper, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Chop Shop and other boring programmes.

I also get the 'what's for lunch?' question which the answer 'sandwiches' is always met with the huff. When he's working I eat sandwiches for lunch everyday.

The houswork never stays done as he lacks the ability to rinse out a cup or mug and reuse. He has trouble turning off lights and traps after himself and the bedroom floor has become and honourary wash basket.

Then he gets bored and comes up with fun activities such as 'lets rearrange the living room furniture for the fifty millionth time this week.'

AGGGGHHH! I was considering packing him a lunch and kicking him out the house for 8 hours a day.

20. lifeizsweet

Haha I get SO bored of Chop shop and American Chopper!! I don't get why he can watch programes that bore me, but when i want to watch one (just one!!) episode of something i like he makes such a fuss!!

He loves to complain about the state of the house but won't lift a finger himself! Sometimes I have to remind him i'm his OH not his mother!

Oh and apparently he can't help and cook the dinner once in a while because the kitchen is too small for someone with cooking skills like his!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice