Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel so inspired!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lifeizsweet, Jun 14, 2010.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I have spent the last couple of days reading up on how to be thrifty and i feel like we can cut our spending so much now!!

I've made a little speadsheet for spending and meal planning.

anyone got any sites the can recommened?

I've been browsing money saving expert and this site
    Cheap Family Recipes | Low Cost Meals | Reduce Food Bills | Eat For Less Money

keep 'em coming!! :thumbup:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

3. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

:thumbup:Way to go Hun:thumbup:

There are so many ways to save money. The hardest thing is to do the change from how you DID live to the money saving way you WANT to live like.

Once you have overcome that it really is easy and much healthier too regarding food.

Good luck with it all and if you come across some hot tips pass them this way cos I,m always looking for more :)

4. lifeizsweet

thanks welshie!

5. lifeizsweet

6. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Have ya used the sainsbury feed your family for a fiver cards? we use those loads in our house :)

7. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I've seen them on the advert, brilliant price for the quantity of food, eh?:)

Some nights I just buy pot noodle :p x

8. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Or eggs....

9. lifeizsweet

We have 106 chickens.... as we have run out of money for this month eggs are appearing on the breakfast, lunch and dinner menu a whole lot this coming fortnight! I love free food!

Need to sort a veg patch again for next year

10. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Oh wow - we used to have two chooks. I really miss them and would have chickens again in a heartbeat.

I bet you know all the egg recipes inside out and backwards. Get going with the veg patch, then you could make omelette with your own eggs and your own veg. You could make quiche.

I presume you sell your eggs?

Hope you have more luck with your spreadsheet than me - i got as far as creating a really cool one. Never have looked at it since :eek:. But having said that, I have stopped spending money on clothes and other non-essential items.

11. lifeizsweet

Yeah we sell them, but that money goes in to the business rather than our pockets straight away.

Oooo i might make a quiche this weekend!

12. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Gas and electric took a quarter of my pension this week...water,cable and TV licence,insurances takes this to 40%
    It's not food that's the problem it's all the rest...I have a few grand in the bank by moving to a cheaper property so I pay full council tax and can't claim any benefits whatsoever.

After 50 years of work the state pension is a joke....unless you're a cop or similar...or a politician of course.

13. lifeizsweet

I'm working hard to cut our bills too. we have pay as you go internet, no home phone, no sky. Just water, council tax and gas and electric.

Food and alcohol are our downfall right now!

we have no savings, i'd love to be in a position to start saving for a wedding or house or something. but now it's going on loans and other silly things!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice