Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel so guilty!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by 5headh, Jan 30, 2012.

1. 5headh

5headh PetForums VIP

I was walking Woody and my sisters dog Bella up the canal (which is empty i must add:confused:)

Bella was on an extendable lead and Woody off lead, he was playing with a rather large log and dropped it at my feet, so i kicked and he fetched it, drop it again then ran a bit, so i kicked it again...

But as I did he came running back and the log smacked him straight in the eye/head, he was rolling on the floor yelping :crying:

I felt so horrible, i called him too me and gave him a big hug and checked his eye, he was keeping it shut and there was a teeny bit of blood, we got home and it looks fine...

I feel so horrible!

2. martmart

martmart PetForums Member

oh gawd, been there, done that, I now exactly how you feel. I can't say how many times I've stepped on my chi's paws over the 12 years I've had him...not just me, my family too....the yelp is horrible.

He's had things fall on him....just last week a metal bar fell and hit him right on top of his head... that was horrible!!!!!!!!! of all the places it could've landed, he had to be rigt in its way.. but... luckily he's fine. I believe dogs live in the "now" and unlike us, don't think about the past.

3. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Dont beat yourself up about it, accidents happen, my dogs have invariably picked up a few knocks and scrapes over the years, I promise you, they've never held them against me...........

4. Dotte

Dotte PetForums Senior

Accidents happens all the time, and especially around dogs because they are very hard to predict, I have elbowed my dog by accident and ended up kicking him while walking by accident more than once, he's just all over the place walking between my legs :rolleyes: I dont think he'll keep it against you, just give loads of treats and love :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice