Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel sick with worry!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Poor Ted is getting worse, he can hardly get up now, I have rang the vets and asked if I can give him steroids, she wont let me till she has seen him tomorrow!!
    Im all alone with him and watching him like this is breaking my heart.
    Thanks for listening.

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

You poor thing how old is he?

3. animallover111

Awwww im really sorry to read your post......it must be really hard for you......though Ted is really lucky to have you there with him.......thinking of you both........:(

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Thats what making it worse he will only be 11 tomorrow, I could probably take it a bit better if he was older.

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Will your vet not come out to your house?

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

So sorry :( Hope the vet sorts him out quickly for you sending hugs xxx

7. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Bless him,At least your there with him sorry i'm not much help

8. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

She cant come out because she is the only one there today, and Ted has appointment tomorrow, she told me to give him Metacam today and see how he is later, Im just clucthing at straws hoping she will try him on steroids.

9. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Amost 3 months ago I had my little boy put down at age 8 yrs 10 months and 21 days. He had some autoimmune condition where his body was attacking his own blood. Went to the 3 different vets where we live, and took his test results to 2 vets abroad and there was nothing more we could do for him. We spent the past 2 months at home with him, never left him alnoe ro a second. The last day he had started bleeding into his lungs and didnt even have the enrgy to walk so we decided the kindest thing would be to let him go with his dignity. Our vet was amazing.

Anyway, all this is to say that the last 2 months of his life he was on extra high dose steroids and they did make some difference, so I am hoping the same for you. Also, my dog wasnt even 9 and he was only 12kg so he should ahve lived much longer, and like you I feel this was so unfair. And just to say, I know the pain you are going through. I didn't sleep properly for 2 months when my Nelly wasn't well. I wanted more that anything to take his pain away and I couldnt. I know your Ted really apprectaites you being there and staying strong for him. My thoughts are with you!

10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ime so sorry to hear your dog is ill, but just think about "HIS" 11years rather than just the 11 years in terms of time, our first springer was p.t.s last may and he was 8, far too young to go and that was so hard to comprehend but then i looked back over his 8 years and realised that he had definetly had more love, care and done and seen more than 100's of dogs out there, so although it may be a of little consolation at this time, do think about. Take care and keep us posted.

11. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Yes that is a very good point. It's a big consolation with my boy. I know he had a great life - never left home alone for more than 3-4 hours, came with us abroad on holidays, got many huge off leads walks every day, plenty of car rides, trips to the beach, mountains etc. I am sure your dog has wanted for nothing and is very lucky to have you!

12. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Poor Ted :-( xx

13. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Oh poor Ted. Spoil him as much as you can. It is the worst thing watching a loved pet in pain.

Thinking about you both.

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice