Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel really bad

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Baby British, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Baby British

Baby British PetForums VIP

Some months ago I made an application to a local animal resue to become a cat fosterer. I didn't hear anything back in the following weeks so it went completely out of my mind. This morning I received a phone call out of the blue regarding....yup, you guessed it - becoming a cat fosterer. It was so unexpected I didn't quite know what to say on the phone. The woman said that although they could fund food for the animal the majority of fosterers did this out of their own pockets as a way of helping out the rescue further- she also asked if this would be a problem. Having gabbled my details down the phone and the woman saying that someone would be intouch in due course I put down the phone and began to evaluate the situation. I spoke to the OH and we were both sadly in agreement that fostering just wouldn't be a viable option at the moment as we just aren't in a position to fund-well-anything really. The OH is still desperately looking for a job having left the army :(

I just emailed the rescue now to let them know that having had the chance to talk things through with the OH fostering really isn't viable right now after all. I made a donation and offered to help out with home checks in this neck of the woods instead but I still feel like crap TBH. In my heart of hearts I know it's the right decision but just ARRGHHHHHHHH, why did they have to call now?!

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Ah hun, don't feel bad - circumstances change. Just sod's law that they had to phone now - like everyone else they are probably overrun with kittens and rescue cats.

Perhaps they will come back to tell you that they will pay for the food until your situation changes.

Who knows - you may still be a cat fosterer.

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Don't beat yourself up, times are hard for alot of people rite now. At least you offered up what you could in terms of services.

4. Baby British

Perhaps although the woman didn't sound too enthusiastic when I said that the foster would be restricted to the kitchen initially as the door leads straight outside and she was worried about the cat escaping. Both mine are house cats and have never got out but then they've never been allowed outside so don't know any different.

5. Baby British

Indeed. I just can't wait for next weeks budget :rolleyes: :(

6. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

dont feel bad - you can always volunteer again when your circumstances change.

7. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im sure they understand your circumstances at the mo & hopefully your OH will get a job soon & Im sure there will still be cats needing fostering x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice