Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel like a terrible dog parent

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by abiroses18, Apr 19, 2011.

1. abiroses18

abiroses18 PetForums Junior

After taking my dog to the vet on Saturday for a swollen lymph node I discovered she has fleas on Monday. Last night she had an allergic reaction to the bites, so I dabbed on some calamine lotion. She has now spent the day being sick and i feel terrible. Taking her back to the vet tonight as I am so worried. I am a nervous wreck and need some moral support!

2. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

You know our pets are like our children and we do worry, however, all I would say to you try not to be unduly worried as your dog will pick up on this. Not sure what you believe the connection is with the lotion and the sickness though. It could be she has just picked up a 24 hour bug.

Keep you chin up - you are doing the right thing by taking her to the vet. Keep us posted. :smile:

3. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

You arent a terrible doggie mum at all ... you are doing everything you can to make your dog well

I hope your baby gets well soon hun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice