Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I feel as though I had lost a friend

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newfiesmum, Feb 23, 2017.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I hardly knew the woman, remember her little dog more than anything, but I have been following the case of children's author, Helen Bailey, and how she was murdered by her fiance. He was found guilty yesterday and hopefully will never see the light of day again. He murdered her and her little dog, miniature Dachshund named Boris, and stuffed their bodies in the cesspit under her garage.

I met her when walking Ferdie and Diva, remember how we laughed when her little Boris came barking at my baby bears as little dogs often did. You know how you 'know' people you meet while out with your dogs, chat for a while but never really know anything about them. I do wish I had found out about her in some other way.

Rest in Peace Helen and Boris; you deserved so much more.

Moobli and leashedForLife like this.
  2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I think your final sentence says it all.

When her death was reported I wasn't sure who was to blame although her partner seemed to be the one mainly to be the cause of her death, but now all the details have emerged it was so obviously him that killed her and her dog. What an awful,person he was.

Very very sad.

3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

My OH was downstairs a couple of days ago, was it yesterday, whilst I was upstairs working.

This story came on and all I could hear was him saying "What the hell? What's wrong with people?".

Which I thought was a valid reaction.

RIP Helen and Boris.

leashedForLife and newfiesmum like this.
  4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been following the whole sad story on Facebook,the dachshund pages, The breeder of Boris is an FB friend of mine , she's devastated by it all.
    What an awful, awful man. RIP Helen and Boris.

5. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I'm not sure whether I ever met him; he looks familiar but I couldn't swear to it. She seemed to be such a nice lady. They said on the news that they were going to look closer into the death of his first wife. They also said their remains were discovered beneath a hard crust of excrement in the disused cesspit. It seems the couple were together for quite some time, yet he could do that. Some people just do not deserve to live.

Moobli and SusieRainbow like this.
  6. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

And he calmly reported her missing. I suppose he killed Boris because people who knew her knew she wouldn't have gone anywhere without him.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  7. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

They said he had been playing the long game to get his hands on her money, he'd been feeding her sleeping tablets for weeks before he killed her.

What an unmitigated coward.

8. SusieRainbow

Staff Member

I have her autobiography on my Kindle , not read it all yet.I think they'd been together about 3 years, her first husband drowned in the sea on holiday in the Bahamas.

9. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

I've not heard about this!
    How awful, poor woman and poor little dog :(

RIP Helen and Boris

leashedForLife likes this.
  10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

What I find really sad about that, is that in order to be able to do that, she must have trusted him completely. If she had any suspicions at all, she might have thought twice about taking anything from him. He must have no conscience whatsoever. I would hang him for killing the dog, even if he hadn't killed her. It has quite saddened me this morning.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  11. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

So very sad :( humans are the cancer of this earth.. well most are

cheekyscrip likes this.
  12. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

They are also 're examining' the death of his first wife who died suddenly and was found 'in the garden'.

All very sad ....and so calculating.

R.I.P.

J

Moobli and leashedForLife like this.
  13. SusieRainbow

Staff Member

Yes, it's the trust that saddens me. They ( well, she ) were planning to get married.
    I don't think he'll be treated well in prison having murdered Helen and the little dog.

14. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I should imagine he's a bit of a sociopath.

The story said it was obvious that she loved him but it wasn't reciprocated. People can be evil can't they?

15. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Which is why I get mad when people say rapists and thugs were behaving 'like animals'. Animals do not behave like that.

I did hear a rumour that she was having second thoughts about that, so perhaps that's why he did it. He would have got far more if he had waited until they were married, but there was some talk about him trying to sell her seaside flat without her knowledge so perhaps she was getting wise to him.

Hanwombat and SusieRainbow like this.
  16. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Yes, they certainly can. To my mind, she had all that money and her little dog, what the hell did she want some bloody man for? But then I'm a solitary and independent soul and I do tend to forget that some people are not like that. I knew a woman who suffered years of abuse at the hands of her husband, was beaten and raped in all sorts of horrific ways, yet she still wanted to find a new partner.

I can just recall little Boris, who came up to the bears' ankles, barking at them and how she laughed. So tragic. It seems that when you have anything of value, there is always some git trying to take it away.

17. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Apparently she signed over her pension fund to him should she die. If they were married at the time of her death then he would have only been entitled to half of it which may account his apparent disinterest in actually getting married and why he murdered her when he did

18. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I didn't know that. I do wonder what someone with £4million wanted with a pension fund, though. I just hope they don't let the b**tard out in ten years on good behaviour or some such rubbish. He'll probably find God like so many of them when they want to get parole.

Sorry, I just feel so angry about this.

19. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Have they made her story into a documentary? Saw something advertised last night "murdered by my fiance"

RIP Helen and Boris

20. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Don't know. He was only found guilty yesterday, but they might have had something ready to run. I don't know how he expected to get away with it; it's not as though she was without friends and family.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice